Novantas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Novantas

3.4

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (Boston, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

Asked me basic questions about my resume and my skills
    Quant questions were statistics based - was a lot about expected value, calculating averages etc. Probably good idea to review basic stats before interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Tell me about your quantitative skills
      Question about the sides of a cube
      Calculating Expected value   Answer Question

Consulting Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in August 2009.

Interview

There were 5 interviews scheduled in 1 day - 3 of which were with Managing directors, one with director and another one with a manager. The interviews were centered around general IQ and business skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied through on campus recruiting and received an on campus interview. The on campus interview consisted on two 30min interviews each of which was purely case and logic problems. The first interviewer gave me about 3 quick math/logic problems and the second interviewer gave me 1-2 short questions and one slightly longer case. In the next day or two I heard back that I had received a final round interview for the following Friday. This interview was at their office in NY City and consisted of a behavioral interview, small case/behavioral interview, and short analytic test. We also had lunch with the current associates and one of the principals gave an presentation on the company. Even though I had been told that the on-site interview was the final round, I was contacted about two weeks later for a phone interview at which point I was told that I should hear back about a decision in about a week. However, I didn't hear from them until about 3 weeks had passed and it was just to tell me that they give offers on a rolling bases and would have more information for me by December 1st ( which was 2 months after my on-site interview). I already had another offer that I liked better so I just told them I had accepted an offer elsewhere. Overall, I think it was very rude that they kept brushing me off and extending when they would make a decision by.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were basic probability or other math/logic questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

math test and question on pricing ipods

Interview Questions

• pick something random from your resume and talk about it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (Chicago, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

On-campus interview followed by final rounds in the office for a half day. On-campus interview comprised of two 30-minute interviews, both with brainteasers and a case. More of the same in the final round, except I didn't get any brainteasers, just cases and fit-type questions. There were two interviews in the final round, both with partners of the firm, and a 50-minute quantitative test with SAT-type math and some more difficult probability problems.

Interview Questions

• The rope question. Two ropes burn in an hour, at random, variable rates. Try to measure out 45 minutes with only those two ropes and a match.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in October 2009.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews: first on campus, second at office. The first round consists of two 30-minute interviews - each with an employee that has been with the firm <2 years. Typically these individuals will have graduated from your same university. The entire hour is spent answering brain-teaser style questions. Certain questions were pulled directly from consulting interview books, however most were questions that I had never seen or heard before. There is little to no behavioral questioning.
    The second round at the Novantas office was again two interviews - this time each 45 minutes and will a partner. Again, the focal point of the interview is brain-teaser questions. Each partner asked one or maybe two questions related to my past experiences and how I would fit in at Novantas, but nevertheless the brain-teasers are what will make or break your interview.

Interview Questions

• You have 15 horses that run various speeds. You own a race track on which you can race the horses, and this track holds a maximum of 5 horses per race. If you have no stopwatch or other means of telling exactly how fast the horses are, how many races would you need to run between the horses to be ABSOLUTELY SURE which horses are first, second, and third fastest?   23 Answers

The Novantas offer was very attractive, but ultimately I received an offer from my #1 choice firm and thus chose that alternate offer. Novantas was a close second of the five offers I received.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

On-campus interview involving brainteasers and resume review. Passed, went on for final rounds in the corporate office. Had a one-hour quantitative test (not too difficult) and two one-hour case interviews - one with a Principal and another with one of the founding partners. The founding partner called back in a week and said they wanted me to work with them.

Interview Questions

• a brainteaser involving two strings and fire - can't remember the specifics but i know i got it wrong in the first round   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Really great on-campus process. Didn't take very long. First round of interviews were much harder than the second. The first round is mostly case interviews that are interviewee directed. The second round is mostly just talking about yourself -- not too bad. You get to meet a lot of cool people along the way.

Interview Questions

• They're big on brain teasers. They ask the one about the 25 horses and the 5 tracks and finding the 3 fastest.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Balance of personal questions, case studies and brain teasers. Starting with in person brain teasers and case study as school then an onsite in NYC for more case studies and MD in persons

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through Campus Career Services and interviewed both on campus and at the New York City office. The process consisted of two rounds, one on-campus, the other at their office in the City. The first round was two 30 minute, 1:1 interviews, the first of which was brain-teasers and some behavioral questions (tell me about yourself, why Novantas, etc). The first interviewer, who was a more senior in the company, also had a very open ended case, where all I really had to do was structure the approach to the case. The second one was all behavioral questions and more just an interesting conversation with a younger Associate.

When I was called back for the second round in NYC, the day consisted of 4 hours - the first hour was a lunch and meet and greet with new associates. This was followed by three 45 minute interviews. Those broke down like this - one behavioral+market sizing with a senior associate, one behavioral+quantitative (logic and math problems) with a more senior consultant, and one behavioral + open ended case with one of the partners. Overall, the quantitative interview was probably the most objectively difficult. All in all, the people I met were friendly and intelligent and the process was straightforward.

Interview Questions

• What if Apple wanted to start an airline, would it be a good idea?
      There are 100 light switches - similar to the lockers question.
      How many ATMs are there in NYC?
      Multiply 26 x 26 in your head.
      A car with two wheels, one 3 ft in diameter, one 5 ft in diameter, the smaller wheel finishes 10 rotations more than the larger, how far did the car go?
      The usual why consulting/why financial services consulting/why Novantas questions.   Answer Question