Novantas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Novantas Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2017

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Two 30 mins phone interviews, and then there is a 3 hrs onsite interview. The onsite part of interview was basically four 30 mins interviews, which were very similar to pervious phone interview.

Interview Questions

• 1.number of snowballs in New York city?
      2. many probability and brain teaser questions (like red and black ball probability, giving 25 horse, how to select top 5 horses, dicing probability question)   Answer Question

Client Success Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I interviewed at Novantas in July of 2017. The process was fairly straightforward (much more organized than other interviews I've been in) and involved a variety of brain-teasers and personality-based questions. I made it past two stages but could not continue due to a conflicting offer.

Solutions Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Novantas in April 2017.

Interview

Very unprofessional!! After making me go through 8 interviews, they did not even have the decency to communicate their decision. This is despite repeated follow-ups from my side. Shows a complete lack of regard for my time, leaving me disgusted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I had a brief call with the HR Rep initially.
    After that I was scheduled to two back to back 30 minute interviews with employees of Novantas.
    After that I was scheduled to 4 back to back 30 minute interviews with employees of Novantas. These were originally supposed to be 45 minutes but I had time issues.

Interview Questions

• Many brainteasers (Snail up the well, Rubix cube peel, marble questions, and case studies like why build a bank branch at this corner). They also asked the generic "why do you want to leave xyz?,"why Novantas?," "Tell me more about yourself/resume."   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

2 Phone interviews with hiring manager and a senior team member, followed by an onsite interview where I spoke to 3 more team members in addition to the first 2 interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Several questions on machine learning algorithms, map reduce concepts, Hive, Hadoop and Spark.   1 Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

One first round interview on campus and then a final round interview in New York. The first round was two 30 minute interviews and the final round was 3 45 minute interviews.

Interview Questions

• First round contained pretty simple questions -- 2 30 minute interviews starting with behavioral questions and then some technical (probability question followed by a case). Final round was similar format, with 3 45 minute interviews.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Novantas in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and a recruiter contacted me in one week. After telling her about my availability for the phone interview, the recruiter disappeared until the last minute on my schedule. Then followed with a phone interview with questions about my resume.

I was told I passed the initial screen, and was asked about my schedule again. However, I haven't hear from the recruiter since then even if I followed up so many times. Maybe the entire company went bankrupt, if not, they are super unprofessional!!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting.

First round: two, thirty minute interviews with alums on campus. Both were half fit, half case. Received a call-back the day after. Recruiting did a great job with organizing travel.

Second round: lunch with other candidates and associates, followed by three, forty minute interviews with high-level employees (Principal through MD). Each interview started with general resume/fit questions and a chance for me to ask questions, followed by a case. The cases corresponded to each interviewer's personal style, so it's possible to get brainteasers, math-involved sizing/pricing, or more qualitative business case scenarios. Received a phone call two days later and a formal offer four days later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerville, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Novantas (Somerville, MA).

Interview

2x 30 minute interviews with a senior consultant & vice president back to back. 10 minutes behavioral, 20 minutes case. Cases were open ended & easy. Assumptions & math were irrelevant they solely care about your thought process.

Interview Questions

• 1. A firm offers internet access on planes. Customer segmentation & pricing.
      2. Should Apple make an airline?
      3. You are the President. You wake up 1 morning and the sun does not rise. What do you do?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Novantas in October 2016.

Interview

This was a first-round interview. It consisted of 2 back-to-back 30-minute interviews; 1st interview: brainteaser + case; 2nd interview: 10 min. behavioral ("tell me about a time you've faced a problem") + case. The problems were less structured than I thought they would be and it seemed like they just wanted to brainstorm with me more than anything else.

Interview Questions

• Brainteaser was simply a probability problem. First case: should the CEO stop this bus route. Second case: how much would you bid for your favorite restaurant?   Answer Question