Novantas Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

3.6

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

submitted resume and cover letter through college career portal
    1st round- 2 30 minute interviews on campus: behavioral and case in all interviews
    2nd round- in NYC, 3 45 minute interviews: behavioral and case in all interviews, some included brain teasers

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

First round interview was two 30 minute behavioral/probability questions and behavioral/case. Final round in office with 3 45 minute interviews. All 3 did 15 minutes of behavioral then a case or brain teaser.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

There were two rounds of interviewing. The first was on-campus where you meet with 2 people for about 30 minutes. They asked resume and brainteaser questions. I heard that sometimes they do case studies. They second round was a super day at their office where I met with 3 people and we went through resume, behavioral, and case studies. I was abroad, so I was a skype interview, but this is how it normally goes.

Interview Questions

• How many total suitcases go through LaGuardia Airport in a single day?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I did two rounds of interview, not sure how many there are. Both were phone call interviews asking about behavioral and some mental maths questions. They only accept people who do not require sponsorship.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, the hour and the minute hand angle, if i have 3 gallons of water and 5 gallons how can i make 4?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a back to back, 2 30 min first round interview. In both interviews I briefly discussed my background, but the interview structure was essentially one case interview and one brain teaser interview. I applied to the interview through my university career website.

Interview Questions

• The case interview was essentially a market sizing question related to commercial banks, which Novantas advises   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

After applying thru my college recruiting network I received an interview about a week later.

The first round consisted of 2 30 minute on-campus interviews: the first was half behavioral/fit and half brainteaser (4 people need to cross a bridge at night, only two can cross at a time, must carry a lantern to cross, they walk at different paces across the bridge 10 minutes, 5 minutes, 2 minutes 1 minute find the fastest solution) the other interview was less behavioral but had some quick number tests (role a 6 sided die whats your expected value, whats your expected value if you can choose to role again) and a case (due to the recent hurricanes your fresh fruit restaurant has COGS decrease by 20% do you increase or decrease your prices). After a few days I got a call back and scheduled the second round for a week later.

Second Round at the NY office: luncheon with new associates and 3 45 minute interviews. Each interview started with behavioral/fit questions then progressed into a case.

Interview Questions

• How many Delta passengers are in the air over the US right now?   Answer Question
    • You are running the US postal service: make a profit   Answer Question
    • Weston hotels is considering implementing a "green stay" program where if you forgo a night of cleaning services you get a $5 voucher to be used at the hotel or 500 star points that can be redeemed after 10,000 for a $300 night stay. Do you implement?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Two 30 mins phone interviews, and then there is a 3 hrs onsite interview. The onsite part of interview was basically four 30 mins interviews, which were very similar to pervious phone interview.

Interview Questions

• 1.number of snowballs in New York city?
      2. many probability and brain teaser questions (like red and black ball probability, giving 25 horse, how to select top 5 horses, dicing probability question)   Answer Question

Client Success Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I interviewed at Novantas in July of 2017. The process was fairly straightforward (much more organized than other interviews I've been in) and involved a variety of brain-teasers and personality-based questions. I made it past two stages but could not continue due to a conflicting offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I had a brief call with the HR Rep initially.
    After that I was scheduled to two back to back 30 minute interviews with employees of Novantas.
    After that I was scheduled to 4 back to back 30 minute interviews with employees of Novantas. These were originally supposed to be 45 minutes but I had time issues.

Interview Questions

• Many brainteasers (Snail up the well, Rubix cube peel, marble questions, and case studies like why build a bank branch at this corner). They also asked the generic "why do you want to leave xyz?,"why Novantas?," "Tell me more about yourself/resume."   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

2 Phone interviews with hiring manager and a senior team member, followed by an onsite interview where I spoke to 3 more team members in addition to the first 2 interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Several questions on machine learning algorithms, map reduce concepts, Hive, Hadoop and Spark.   1 Answer