Novantas Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 27, 2017

3.6

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

First round on campus, 2 30 min interviews. First had brainteasers. Had the rubix cube one followed by the scale one first with 1 bag then 2. Second interview was fit and a "case" which was not really a case at all. Question about elevator efficiency which I'm pretty sure everybody struggled with.

Interview Questions

• The case about elevators. Wanted you to optimize elevator traffic within a 25 story building. More of a brainstorming session than anything, but caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Solutions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I had a brief call with the HR Rep initially.
    After that I was scheduled to two back to back 30 minute interviews with employees of Novantas.
    After that I was scheduled to 4 back to back 30 minute interviews with employees of Novantas. These were originally supposed to be 45 minutes but I had time issues.

Interview Questions

• Many brainteasers (Snail up the well, Rubix cube peel, marble questions, and case studies like why build a bank branch at this corner). They also asked the generic "why do you want to leave xyz?,"why Novantas?," "Tell me more about yourself/resume."   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

One first round interview on campus and then a final round interview in New York. The first round was two 30 minute interviews and the final round was 3 45 minute interviews.

Interview Questions

• First round contained pretty simple questions -- 2 30 minute interviews starting with behavioral questions and then some technical (probability question followed by a case). Final round was similar format, with 3 45 minute interviews.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Apply online. I did through my colleges career site. The interview process for first round is one behavioral 30 minute interview, mainly focused on your resume, and one case interview, which was also 30 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Two parts back to back. Each one lasts about 30 minutes. One is based on background, experience and behavioural questions.The interviewer was really nice in this one. The second one is all about brainteaser questions.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Really great on-campus process. Didn't take very long. First round of interviews were much harder than the second. The first round is mostly case interviews that are interviewee directed. The second round is mostly just talking about yourself -- not too bad. You get to meet a lot of cool people along the way.

Interview Questions

• They're big on brain teasers. They ask the one about the 25 horses and the 5 tracks and finding the 3 fastest.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through Campus Career Services and interviewed both on campus and at the New York City office. The process consisted of two rounds, one on-campus, the other at their office in the City. The first round was two 30 minute, 1:1 interviews, the first of which was brain-teasers and some behavioral questions (tell me about yourself, why Novantas, etc). The first interviewer, who was a more senior in the company, also had a very open ended case, where all I really had to do was structure the approach to the case. The second one was all behavioral questions and more just an interesting conversation with a younger Associate.

When I was called back for the second round in NYC, the day consisted of 4 hours - the first hour was a lunch and meet and greet with new associates. This was followed by three 45 minute interviews. Those broke down like this - one behavioral+market sizing with a senior associate, one behavioral+quantitative (logic and math problems) with a more senior consultant, and one behavioral + open ended case with one of the partners. Overall, the quantitative interview was probably the most objectively difficult. All in all, the people I met were friendly and intelligent and the process was straightforward.

Interview Questions

• What if Apple wanted to start an airline, would it be a good idea?
      There are 100 light switches - similar to the lockers question.
      How many ATMs are there in NYC?
      Multiply 26 x 26 in your head.
      A car with two wheels, one 3 ft in diameter, one 5 ft in diameter, the smaller wheel finishes 10 rotations more than the larger, how far did the car go?
      The usual why consulting/why financial services consulting/why Novantas questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview with a junior associate that consisted of some brain teasers, a few personal questions, and a very basic case. Was called back for an in-office interview the next day. You show up around 9 am, are treated to breakfast and a little chitchat with the other interns. Each intern is called up for three 45 minute case interviews, all of which were done one-on-one in the many little office spaces. The cases were objectively pretty difficult, especially the market sizing one.

Interview Questions

• How much money do you think is in the vault at the Bank of New Haven?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Two rounds.

First round on-campus, with two 30-minute interviews. One was only brainteasers, and my interviewers nudged me through the tougher ones. The other was an open-ended case. Got back to me same day.

Second round in office, with three 45-minute interviews. There was time to network with a bunch of friendly associates beforehand. Interviewers were more senior staff. Lots of brainteasers again, although whether there were also cases depended on the interviewer. Everyone was nice, and my experience was really more like having interesting conversations with interesting people than a formal evaluation.

Interview Questions

• 25 horses, in same set-up as mentioned in a different review.   Answer Question

Consultant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

I has two interview back to back with different recruiters for 30 minutes each. One interview was easier probability related problems. The other interview was an impossible probability problem that involved ALOT of math. My interviewer later told me that very few people answer the questions correctly, if at all.

Interview Questions

• If you are paid a dollar amount associated with the number on a dice that you roll, what is your expected value from one roll?   1 Answer