Novantas Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2017

3.6

Solutions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I had a brief call with the HR Rep initially.
    After that I was scheduled to two back to back 30 minute interviews with employees of Novantas.
    After that I was scheduled to 4 back to back 30 minute interviews with employees of Novantas. These were originally supposed to be 45 minutes but I had time issues.

Interview Questions

• Many brainteasers (Snail up the well, Rubix cube peel, marble questions, and case studies like why build a bank branch at this corner). They also asked the generic "why do you want to leave xyz?,"why Novantas?," "Tell me more about yourself/resume."   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

2 Phone interviews with hiring manager and a senior team member, followed by an onsite interview where I spoke to 3 more team members in addition to the first 2 interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Several questions on machine learning algorithms, map reduce concepts, Hive, Hadoop and Spark.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

One first round interview on campus and then a final round interview in New York. The first round was two 30 minute interviews and the final round was 3 45 minute interviews.

Interview Questions

• First round contained pretty simple questions -- 2 30 minute interviews starting with behavioral questions and then some technical (probability question followed by a case). Final round was similar format, with 3 45 minute interviews.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting.

First round: two, thirty minute interviews with alums on campus. Both were half fit, half case. Received a call-back the day after. Recruiting did a great job with organizing travel.

Second round: lunch with other candidates and associates, followed by three, forty minute interviews with high-level employees (Principal through MD). Each interview started with general resume/fit questions and a chance for me to ask questions, followed by a case. The cases corresponded to each interviewer's personal style, so it's possible to get brainteasers, math-involved sizing/pricing, or more qualitative business case scenarios. Received a phone call two days later and a formal offer four days later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

First round consisted of 2 back to back 30 min on campus interviews. Final round was 3 back to back 45 min interviews at the company office in New York City. They really care more about your thought process with cases, don't really care about arriving at the 'correct' answer. My interviewers were really nice people, and the final round interviews were much more relaxed than the first round.

Interview Questions

• What is 26*26
      Question about two wheels spinning, and how far the car must go so the front wheel has 10x more rotations than the back wheel. Front wheel is 5M in diameter, back wheel is 10M in diameter.
      How much does Starbucks spend on decorations annually?
      How many of Delta airline's passengers are in the air right now?
      Answer Question

Application

Interview

Apply online. I did through my colleges career site. The interview process for first round is one behavioral 30 minute interview, mainly focused on your resume, and one case interview, which was also 30 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Balance of personal questions, case studies and brain teasers. Starting with in person brain teasers and case study as school then an onsite in NYC for more case studies and MD in persons

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Two parts back to back. Each one lasts about 30 minutes. One is based on background, experience and behavioural questions.The interviewer was really nice in this one. The second one is all about brainteaser questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Really great on-campus process. Didn't take very long. First round of interviews were much harder than the second. The first round is mostly case interviews that are interviewee directed. The second round is mostly just talking about yourself -- not too bad. You get to meet a lot of cool people along the way.

Interview Questions

• They're big on brain teasers. They ask the one about the 25 horses and the 5 tracks and finding the 3 fastest.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through Campus Career Services and interviewed both on campus and at the New York City office. The process consisted of two rounds, one on-campus, the other at their office in the City. The first round was two 30 minute, 1:1 interviews, the first of which was brain-teasers and some behavioral questions (tell me about yourself, why Novantas, etc). The first interviewer, who was a more senior in the company, also had a very open ended case, where all I really had to do was structure the approach to the case. The second one was all behavioral questions and more just an interesting conversation with a younger Associate.

When I was called back for the second round in NYC, the day consisted of 4 hours - the first hour was a lunch and meet and greet with new associates. This was followed by three 45 minute interviews. Those broke down like this - one behavioral+market sizing with a senior associate, one behavioral+quantitative (logic and math problems) with a more senior consultant, and one behavioral + open ended case with one of the partners. Overall, the quantitative interview was probably the most objectively difficult. All in all, the people I met were friendly and intelligent and the process was straightforward.

Interview Questions

• What if Apple wanted to start an airline, would it be a good idea?
      There are 100 light switches - similar to the lockers question.
      How many ATMs are there in NYC?
      Multiply 26 x 26 in your head.
      A car with two wheels, one 3 ft in diameter, one 5 ft in diameter, the smaller wheel finishes 10 rotations more than the larger, how far did the car go?
      The usual why consulting/why financial services consulting/why Novantas questions.
      Answer Question