Novantas Summer Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Novantas Summer Associate Interview Questions

3.7

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

One first round interview on campus and then a final round interview in New York. The first round was two 30 minute interviews and the final round was 3 45 minute interviews.

Interview Questions

• First round contained pretty simple questions -- 2 30 minute interviews starting with behavioral questions and then some technical (probability question followed by a case). Final round was similar format, with 3 45 minute interviews.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Novantas

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Apply online. I did through my colleges career site. The interview process for first round is one behavioral 30 minute interview, mainly focused on your resume, and one case interview, which was also 30 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Two parts back to back. Each one lasts about 30 minutes. One is based on background, experience and behavioural questions.The interviewer was really nice in this one. The second one is all about brainteaser questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Started with 30+30 minutes on campus interview with an analyst and a senior associate. Heard back 2 days later by phone for a super day at the office. At the office it was 45+45+45 and then an associate lunch. First rounds consisted of brainteasers and second rounds had one case.
    Heard back a few days later that I was not extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• # of snowballs thrown per year in the state of Illinois   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerville, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novantas (Somerville, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

a brief personal interview about myself, my previous academic and work experiences. They also asked about why I want to do consulting and why I want novantas particularly. After that they asked two brainteasers that were kind of difficult to answer on point. Other than that they didn't ask for any case questions.

Interview Questions

• how many different combinations of changes to add up to a dollar   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY).

Interview

I found them through my university's on campus recruiting and applied online. I was then contacted to set up a first round interview. It was two 30-minute interviews with two different people. One person asked logic questions and behavioral questions. The other interviewer gave an open ended case.

Interview Questions

• The case was very open ended and didn't provide much information on how to solve it. They just wanted to see how I thought.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

Had two back to back interviews that lasted an hour in total. Both were nice and friendly. The first interviewer had me walk through my resume and then answer a couple of brain teasers. The second interviewer had me walk through my resume and then asked me a brain teaser and a case.

Interview Questions

• If you have a 2 ropes that each take an hour to burn and they burn at different rates. How can you measure 45 mins?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

First round on campus, 2 30 min interviews. First had brainteasers. Had the rubix cube one followed by the scale one first with 1 bag then 2. Second interview was fit and a "case" which was not really a case at all. Question about elevator efficiency which I'm pretty sure everybody struggled with.

Interview Questions

• The case about elevators. Wanted you to optimize elevator traffic within a 25 story building. More of a brainstorming session than anything, but caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. First round on campus, consisted mostly of brainteasers and then a pricing case. Second round at New York office. Began with lunch in the office with the associates -- had a very good conversation with one of them. Three interviews followed; contained many more brainteasers than interviews for other consulting firms, and the cases were rather short. Two of the interviewers seemed rather unprepared though, coming up with questions on the spot.

Interview Questions

• A guy travels up a mountain starting at sunrise, arriving by sunset. The next day he travels back down the mountain in the same fashion. Is there any such point on the path where he would have reached it at the same time of the day?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Two rounds.

First round on-campus, with two 30-minute interviews. One was only brainteasers, and my interviewers nudged me through the tougher ones. The other was an open-ended case. Got back to me same day.

Second round in office, with three 45-minute interviews. There was time to network with a bunch of friendly associates beforehand. Interviewers were more senior staff. Lots of brainteasers again, although whether there were also cases depended on the interviewer. Everyone was nice, and my experience was really more like having interesting conversations with interesting people than a formal evaluation.

Interview Questions

• 25 horses, in same set-up as mentioned in a different review.   Answer Question