Novantas Summer Associate Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Novantas Summer Associate Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Dec 26, 2016

4.0

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

One first round interview on campus and then a final round interview in New York. The first round was two 30 minute interviews and the final round was 3 45 minute interviews.

Interview Questions

• First round contained pretty simple questions -- 2 30 minute interviews starting with behavioral questions and then some technical (probability question followed by a case). Final round was similar format, with 3 45 minute interviews.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Novantas

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Apply online. I did through my colleges career site. The interview process for first round is one behavioral 30 minute interview, mainly focused on your resume, and one case interview, which was also 30 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Two parts back to back. Each one lasts about 30 minutes. One is based on background, experience and behavioural questions.The interviewer was really nice in this one. The second one is all about brainteaser questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY).

Interview

I found them through my university's on campus recruiting and applied online. I was then contacted to set up a first round interview. It was two 30-minute interviews with two different people. One person asked logic questions and behavioral questions. The other interviewer gave an open ended case.

Interview Questions

• The case was very open ended and didn't provide much information on how to solve it. They just wanted to see how I thought.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

First round on campus, 2 30 min interviews. First had brainteasers. Had the rubix cube one followed by the scale one first with 1 bag then 2. Second interview was fit and a "case" which was not really a case at all. Question about elevator efficiency which I'm pretty sure everybody struggled with.

Interview Questions

• The case about elevators. Wanted you to optimize elevator traffic within a 25 story building. More of a brainstorming session than anything, but caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Two rounds.

First round on-campus, with two 30-minute interviews. One was only brainteasers, and my interviewers nudged me through the tougher ones. The other was an open-ended case. Got back to me same day.

Second round in office, with three 45-minute interviews. There was time to network with a bunch of friendly associates beforehand. Interviewers were more senior staff. Lots of brainteasers again, although whether there were also cases depended on the interviewer. Everyone was nice, and my experience was really more like having interesting conversations with interesting people than a formal evaluation.

Interview Questions

• 25 horses, in same set-up as mentioned in a different review.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview with a junior associate that consisted of some brain teasers, a few personal questions, and a very basic case. Was called back for an in-office interview the next day. You show up around 9 am, are treated to breakfast and a little chitchat with the other interns. Each intern is called up for three 45 minute case interviews, all of which were done one-on-one in the many little office spaces. The cases were objectively pretty difficult, especially the market sizing one.

Interview Questions

• How much money do you think is in the vault at the Bank of New Haven?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

1) Resume & cover letter submission
    1/2 week later
    2) 1st round interview - a 1/2 hour phone interview and a 1/2 hour 1 on 1 interview
    2 weeks later
    3) Final round - 2 x 45 minute 1 on 1 interviews with quantitative brain teasers, 1 45 minute writing sample

Interview Questions

• If a stock's value drops by 95% and its current value is $1, what was its original value?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was applying for an internship, had only one offer, and did not bother negotiating.