Novartis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

3.1

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoneton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Novartis (Phoneton, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

DO NOT apply on their Portal unless you have influence and know people there who will push your resume. The interviewer was not polite. Don't waste time. There are already candidates pre-selected for a role but they have to create a posting and the interview is a pretense. They have to interview for compliance reasons I believe. I found this out from their own people.

Interview Questions

• Even if you answer correctly a question he tried to pull the leg.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Novartis (East Hanover, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

I received an email with the job lead. I applied for the position online and was invited for a live interview for the afternoon. I met and/or had conference calls with team members and cross functional team members. I also had a video interview.

Patient Education Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Park, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Novartis (Cedar Park, TX).

Interview

Interviewed in Nov 2015 initially and was not offered job. Was called back in June (?) to interview for same position, different title. The two managers interviewing me were the same from Nov!!! If they didn't hire me, why this time? They couldn't answer that nor would they answer why the position was open again. They were mortified for not recognizing it was me/my resume

Regional MSL Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Novartis (West Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was initially phone screened by an internal recruiter, then I was scheduled to be phone screened by the hiring manager, then I was scheduled to complete the online application in their Applicant Tracking System (ATS), then I was scheduled for a one-hour face-to-face interview at LAX airport, with a panel of interviewers.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Novartis (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

The recruiter moved you through the process very quickly. Called by 2 recruiters before something was set up with the hiring manager. there was no follow up, I had to email repeatedly to see what was the next step. I prefer a process that the recruiter will send an email or someone will give feedback. it felt like big pharma in the process.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novartis in February 2016.

Interview

First, I had to do a coding challenge. The challenge was a take-home, so you could do it at your own pace, which was nice. Afterwards, I had a phone interview and it was a behavioral interview. Finally, the last round was supposed to be on site, but I did not get to that round.

Data Steward Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pine Brook, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novartis (Pine Brook, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

The process was well organized and successful; it was a one on one interview and it went very well. The interviewer was very professional and forthcoming and liked very much my resume and extensive experience.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked me about my previous experience in sample compliance and data validation, which is a great tool in the pharmaceutical field. He will keep me in mind if a position opens up with my background in the industry.   1 Answer

Regional Service Delivery Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Novartis in December 2015.

Interview

The phone screen was typical and easy, but the hiring manager was inconsiderate during the interview. The hiring manager spent the entire hour asking me behavioral questions and ended the interview promptly when he asked all of his questions. I wasn't asked if I had any questions nor did I have time to ask questions of my own. He didn't even take the time to tell me about himself.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that someone you worked with failed to do their job and you stepped in to take over their work.   Answer Question

BS/MS Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Novartis (Boston, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

three weeks after online application submission, I received an email from a lab head to schedule a phone interview. The interview lasted for about 30 minutes. The interviewer asked some general questions about my experience. The follow up after the phone interview took one month after calling and emailing once each. The response came a week later that I am still in the consideration. However, there was no offer. I got an email that their selection criteria has changed and that I am not in the consideration anymore after a month and a half of waiting.

Bio Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novartis (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Meeting with HR, hiring managers from different stat department, do presentation finally. The interview lasts for whole day. You have to meat these people one by one. In general, they will ask what you's what working experience, what's your interest. They introduced their company, the function of different department to see whether you are interested in their company and which department you like to work. You are going to have a lunch with interviewers. In the afternoon, you will give a presentation about your work.