Novartis Associate I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Novartis Associate I Interview Questions

3.3

Scientific Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Novartis (Cambridge, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied for the position through the website in July 2013. I got contacted by the director end of August 2013. We set up a phone interview where we talked about my qualifications and future plans. In a week, I was asked to come down to Boston and I had a full day interview from 830 AM-3 PM. I met about half hour interviews with multiple managers, a presentation and an informal lunch interview. I was asked a bunch of questions regarding my resume and a variety of behavioral questions (strengths, weakness, conflict etc etc). I got an offer letter 2 weeks after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in industry instead of pursuing a PhD   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They offered me way more than average market salary.

Interview

Initial phone screen basically reviewing resume. Followed by in person interview with group and supervisor - again very basic involving past experience.

Interview Questions

• This is an entry level job pretty much so no technical questions.   Answer Question

Scientific Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novartis (Cambridge, MA) in September 2009.

Interview

After applying for the position, I had an inital 20-30 minute phone interivew with my prospective manager. I was then invited for an on-site interview, which lasted all day (9am-3pm). The on-site interivew consisted of giving a 45min presentation to the department, and six 1:1 interviews with various managers within the department. There was a more informal Q&A session with associates durning the lunch.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficulty you have had related to your work, and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novartis in August 2009.

Interview

1 hour HR interview followed by 1hr managers/technical interview and then lunch/tour with the team