Novartis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Novartis Interview Questions

Updated Dec 12, 2017

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoneton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Novartis (Phoneton, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

DO NOT apply on their Portal unless you have influence and know people there who will push your resume. The interviewer was not polite. Don't waste time. There are already candidates pre-selected for a role but they have to create a posting and the interview is a pretense. They have to interview for compliance reasons I believe. I found this out from their own people.

Interview Questions

• Even if you answer correctly a question he tried to pull the leg.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Novartis in March 2017.

Interview

It was a 3 week process all done over the phone starting with the hiring manager then moving into an entire teams speaker phone interview. After that I spoke with the head of the department one on one and got an offer after that.

Statistics Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Hanover, NJ

Application

I interviewed at Novartis (East Hanover, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

First introduce myself and my research work. Then talk more about other research experience and programming skills. Then talk more about clinical trials and what expect to do during the internship.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Novartis (East Hanover, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

I received an email with the job lead. I applied for the position online and was invited for a live interview for the afternoon. I met and/or had conference calls with team members and cross functional team members. I also had a video interview.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Novartis (New York, NY).

Interview

I was approched by a recruiter. Then I had interviews with the recruiter first then got a phone interview from the hiring manager. I had a half-day onsite interview in Cambridge. Then I had a second interview with a higher up manager to confirm. I got the offer after ~2 months.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience to work with a global team?
      Describe your personality and the way you prefer to work.   Answer Question

QA Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novartis (Fort Worth, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a great experience over all. Direct supervisor for this position took me for a visit to working area and gave me a brief idea about the work the person in this position will be doing. After that I was asked about my previous job experience and skills related to this job. Manager also interviewed me and asked me about my expectations from this job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with your colleague.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Novartis (Cambridge, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was through a recruiting agency and it was normal.
    It was few months contract and they were very pleasant and upfront about the recruitment which was nice.
    First there was a phone Interview which was just a basic brush of what I knew and what I did not know from my resume as well as describing my projects as I am a college student.

Interview Questions

• OOP principles and basic navigation through directories and command line interface.
      CLI navigation and bug detection .
      A program was shown and I was asked to see where it could have gone wrong.   Answer Question

Patient Education Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Park, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Novartis (Cedar Park, TX).

Interview

Interviewed in Nov 2015 initially and was not offered job. Was called back in June (?) to interview for same position, different title. The two managers interviewing me were the same from Nov!!! If they didn't hire me, why this time? They couldn't answer that nor would they answer why the position was open again. They were mortified for not recognizing it was me/my resume

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Novartis (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Over the phone interview first for screening. Brought in for full day of interviews with senior scientists, other research associates and collaborators. Technical questions and experience questions occurred throughout. In one room for the entire experience and did not get to see the lab space.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your research experiences. Some technical questions   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Novartis.

Interview

Interview was pretty standard. There were 4 rounds on one day of 3 day-hiring drive. First was written round, second was technical with senior manager and third was with function head which was a mix of technical and HR. Fourth and final interview was with HR. The technical interview was based on resume and projects done in my previous experience. The selection was quite stringent, which is expected in a hiring drive and was roughly 40-50% selection at each stage.

Interview Questions

• Be thorough on resume. The asked about a unique characteristic of an industry that I worked for on a project. This was an extension of the project and I had to be prepared.   Answer Question