Novartis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 21, 2017

3.1

Regional MSL Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Novartis (West Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was initially phone screened by an internal recruiter, then I was scheduled to be phone screened by the hiring manager, then I was scheduled to complete the online application in their Applicant Tracking System (ATS), then I was scheduled for a one-hour face-to-face interview at LAX airport, with a panel of interviewers.

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holly Springs, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Novartis (Holly Springs, NC).

Interview

3 twenty minute interview sessions with groups of 2-3 supervisors. Supervisors and team leads conducted these interviews. It took a little over an hour.I don't think they ask anything pertinent or rarely asked anything that could show your abilities to do the job duties. In your words what does GMP mean to you? Questions using industry jargon plentiful.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Novartis (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

The recruiter moved you through the process very quickly. Called by 2 recruiters before something was set up with the hiring manager. there was no follow up, I had to email repeatedly to see what was the next step. I prefer a process that the recruiter will send an email or someone will give feedback. it felt like big pharma in the process.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novartis in February 2016.

Interview

First, I had to do a coding challenge. The challenge was a take-home, so you could do it at your own pace, which was nice. Afterwards, I had a phone interview and it was a behavioral interview. Finally, the last round was supposed to be on site, but I did not get to that round.

Data Steward Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pine Brook, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novartis (Pine Brook, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

The process was well organized and successful; it was a one on one interview and it went very well. The interviewer was very professional and forthcoming and liked very much my resume and extensive experience.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked me about my previous experience in sample compliance and data validation, which is a great tool in the pharmaceutical field. He will keep me in mind if a position opens up with my background in the industry.   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Interview

I applied online via the Novartis website and received an email to schedule the interview. The interview consisted of a manager calling me and we had a 20 minute phone call. The interviewer was very relaxed, and called back a week later with an offer.

Regional Service Delivery Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Novartis in December 2015.

Interview

The phone screen was typical and easy, but the hiring manager was inconsiderate during the interview. The hiring manager spent the entire hour asking me behavioral questions and ended the interview promptly when he asked all of his questions. I wasn't asked if I had any questions nor did I have time to ask questions of my own. He didn't even take the time to tell me about himself.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that someone you worked with failed to do their job and you stepped in to take over their work.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novartis (East Hanover, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

Basic interview with behaviorial questions including some leadership. They go with the flow though so it can be changed up based on your specific resume. Starts out with tell me about yourself.

Interview Questions

• Strengths, weaknesses, what emulates a leader, pick one animal   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Thorough. Really tried to get to know me and where I would fit well in the company instead of just my resume. Actually received an offer for a different position while interviewing for another because the interviewer wanted me on her team instead.

Manager, Business Planning and Analysis Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Novartis (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with the hiring manager first since I was not in the area. On site interview with HR and director on the same day. Final interview was with the head. Pretty relaxed friendly interviews.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly to understand my background, experiences and skills. There was not a surprising question. Mostly conversational.   Answer Question