Novartis Pharmaceuticals Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 8, 2017

3.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (East Hanover, NJ).

Interview

A recruiter called me out of the blue, asked if I had a few minutes to talk then and there, and then interviewed me on the spot. Several days later, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager for at least an hour. Then a couple weeks later, HR reached out to me to schedule an on-site interview with several individuals. Each interview was about 45 minutes, including the meeting with the hiring manager. Each interview went pleasantly with the exception of one individual who made it clear he was unenthusiastic about my background.

HR emphasized to me that, regardless of the outcome, she would personally call me to let me know their final decision. She explicitly said that I would not receive a form email.

After 4 months of radio silence, I received a form rejection email. Other than this last bit and the one interviewer, the interview process went smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? / Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Novartis Pharmaceuticals

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (Cambridge, MA) in March 2007.

Interview

Extremely passive-aggressive in their interview style and interest. An initial contact was made from an internal recruiter, where a standard phone interview was given. I received feedback the next day that it went well and I will move on to the 1:1. Then they went away for almost 6 weeks. I was then called after-hours on a Friday (I don't care about that personally, it goes to the company mindset) begging me to come in the next Monday because they HAD to get the position filled.

Had 2 1:1 interviews (HR, hiring manager) and received great feedback for both, I was on to the next round which was to consist of interviews with senior management and a full day of testing and tours.

After that, I heard nothing for 3 months (wrote the interview off after no response from the company) and then after the 3 months I got a lame excuse from HR saying that everyone I interviewed with was gone and he was out of the office.

I understand that things happen in business, BUT NOT THAT MANY. This was nothing that an email couldn't fix, and I figure if it is this difficult getting in, what is it like when one IS in?

Interview Questions

• Given your extensive travel and experience, how would you cope with a position where you will not travel?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in October 2008.

Interview

The process began with an in-person with the recruiting agency. Thereafter, I went to Novartis where I met with 3 different people in the department (public relations) as well as the HR person. They were clearly conducting several interviews that day as I saw other candidates along the way, and I only had 30 mins with each interview.

Interview Questions

• I remember being asked to describe how I would manage internal relationships to get what I needed to accomplish my goals.   Answer Question