Novartis Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Novartis Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions

Updated Jan 10, 2018

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

Two phone interviews then a face-to-face with managers who flew to my city rather than flying me out. Then one last interview with a department head level, then came my offer.

Interview Questions

• It was typical questions about experience.   1 Answer

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (East Hanover, NJ).

Interview

Posted to vacancy on brass ring site, which acknowledged quickly. In 2 weeks I was contacted by recruiter for a phone screen...went very well and told I may be needed on short notice. Two months later I was emailed on one days notice for an in person interview. Once I arrived I met with hiring manager and learned the original job was filled internally and I was invited in to discuss a more junior role. We quickly agreed I was overqualified for it. I received a sincere apology and a wish for good luck.

I think there is a significant disconnect between recruiting and the hiring manager, probably a symptom of understaffing in Hr, which is not surprising given industry trends.

Interview Questions

• What job do you think you are here to interview for?   1 Answer

Interview

multiple phone screens were done prior to being invited to on-site interview. half day interview on site with 5 people. waited a long time to hear back. stayed in close contact with recruiter

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at novartis   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Interview

One phone interview (1 hr) followed by an on-site interview (1 day). The on-site interview was a whole day with back to back interviews lasting about 30 min to 1 hr where you get to meet several of the investigators working there. Make sure your science is polished and you can think about the big picture. The whole process takes about 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were technical/related to science with a few behavioral.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (East Hanover, NJ).

Interview

A recruiter called me out of the blue, asked if I had a few minutes to talk then and there, and then interviewed me on the spot. Several days later, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager for at least an hour. Then a couple weeks later, HR reached out to me to schedule an on-site interview with several individuals. Each interview was about 45 minutes, including the meeting with the hiring manager. Each interview went pleasantly with the exception of one individual who made it clear he was unenthusiastic about my background.

HR emphasized to me that, regardless of the outcome, she would personally call me to let me know their final decision. She explicitly said that I would not receive a form email.

After 4 months of radio silence, I received a form rejection email. Other than this last bit and the one interviewer, the interview process went smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? / Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (East Hanover, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted via email to schedule an in-person interview. When I went for the interview, I met with two different people. One person clearly had a positive attitude and was very friendly. The other person seemed like she had already made up her mind about who would get the position and was just interviewing me because she had to. While everyone was still kind, I don't have either a good nor bad impression of the place.

Interview Questions

• Went over my resume, only one or two behavior questions. Also: What can you tell me that isn't on your resume?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with Talent Acquisition which led to a face to face with the hiring manager and another manager. The interview consisted of both general questions and behavioral questions.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Very positive, technical and management experience closely matched. The interview process lasted few rounds. The panel asked a number of management related questions. The business model for the employer was evolving, so they could not answer my queries on organizational structure

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (New York, NY).

Interview

Very difficult. Several interviews - 6 month decision process. I had a phone, in person, panel, and an in-house interview. Not a lot of typical HR questions. Background check VERY thorough and takes some time to complete. Bottom line - if you are not the best of the best, don't apply

Interview Questions

• Gave a very complex problem involving many external factors. Wanted strategic solution   Answer Question

Medical Science Liaison Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Hanover, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (East Hanover, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

There were a total of 5 one on one interviews with a presentation of a topic of my choosing. Everyone was cordial. The interview lasted about 5 hours.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation and how did you handle your reaction?   Answer Question