Novartis Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

85 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (East Hanover, NJ).

Interview

A recruiter called me out of the blue, asked if I had a few minutes to talk then and there, and then interviewed me on the spot. Several days later, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager for at least an hour. Then a couple weeks later, HR reached out to me to schedule an on-site interview with several individuals. Each interview was about 45 minutes, including the meeting with the hiring manager. Each interview went pleasantly with the exception of one individual who made it clear he was unenthusiastic about my background.

HR emphasized to me that, regardless of the outcome, she would personally call me to let me know their final decision. She explicitly said that I would not receive a form email.

After 4 months of radio silence, I received a form rejection email. Other than this last bit and the one interviewer, the interview process went smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? / Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (East Hanover, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted via email to schedule an in-person interview. When I went for the interview, I met with two different people. One person clearly had a positive attitude and was very friendly. The other person seemed like she had already made up her mind about who would get the position and was just interviewing me because she had to. While everyone was still kind, I don't have either a good nor bad impression of the place.

Interview Questions

• Went over my resume, only one or two behavior questions. Also: What can you tell me that isn't on your resume?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with Talent Acquisition which led to a face to face with the hiring manager and another manager. The interview consisted of both general questions and behavioral questions.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (East Hanover, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

I was scheduled for the interview through a recruiting firm. There was some mistake in that I showed up for the interview on a Tuesday and was told at Reception that my meeting was not until the next day. The recruiter to this day doesn't seem to know how that happened. It was highly annoying, as I lost an entire afternoon... not to mention the stress of preparing, dressing, and driving to the interview. I decided to take the high road and be gracious and forgiving. Really? What other choice is there?

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult personal relationship situation you encountered on the job and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (Detroit, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the DM via phone who scheduled me for a face to face interview. Interview lasted about one hour. Interview by the DM, my future counterpart ( if you get the job), and the Regional Sales Manager. The interview was very disorganized. Everyone asking you questions at the same time. The RSM was not professional and wasn't paying attention to the answers. She looked exhauste!

Interview Questions

• Why are was looking for a new position and why Novartis?   Answer Question

Senior Bio Statistician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in May 2016.

Interview

Not difficult. Both behavior questions and technical questions had been asked. A series of interviews were scheduled in one day. Finally gave a presentation about 45min and 15min for Q&A.

Chemist/Technical Service Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilson, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (Wilson, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

After receiving a job description for the position from a recruiting agency I agreed to have a recruiter submit my resume. I was asked to go through a phone interview the following week. The job description did not appear to be specific for that job, but more of a general template they used.

Interview Questions

• Describe your product validation experience while working in a GMP laboratory..   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (Shreveport, LA) in December 2015.

Interview

Interesting Online Video Recorded 1st interview, then selected for a phone interview - basically reviewing my resume that was submitted. Interviewer was very direct and to the point. Yes, No was all that they needed. No elaboration or discussion of answers. Interviewer was not very friendly or helpful. Dry and didn't have any enthusiasm for the position.

Interview Questions

• Why are you currently looking for a job?   1 Answer

Medical Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Working as medical rep for and i have a good skills in marketing and communicating with patients Working as medical rep for 2 years and i have a good skills in marketing and communicating with patients

Environmental, Safety, and Health Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (Lincoln, NE).

Interview

Grueling. Had an interview in Lincoln, NE @2012 which flew me out there, the HR rep was off, so another went over benefits first. Had a couple of meetings with individuals, went to lunch with two of them. That was reasonable. The after-lunch multi-person attack was new to me. I went to the conference room where about 10 men (I was the only female) including the plant lead (mgr) fired one question after another at me, without even listening to my answers or each others' questions. I was thankful I stayed firmly ensconced in my chair. Not sure why they felt obligated to do a full-on attack as part of an interview. The job was not that high-level. Then, I had to sit in the HR area until I was told I could leave. Their process did not seem terribly effective to find out if someone knew much or was compatible. Or maybe I just would not have fit into this type of environment. No, I was not offered a job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you knew someone was padding their expense reports?   Answer Question