Novartis Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Novartis Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2017

223 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Interview

multiple phone screens were done prior to being invited to on-site interview. half day interview on site with 5 people. waited a long time to hear back. stayed in close contact with recruiter

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at novartis   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Interview

One phone interview (1 hr) followed by an on-site interview (1 day). The on-site interview was a whole day with back to back interviews lasting about 30 min to 1 hr where you get to meet several of the investigators working there. Make sure your science is polished and you can think about the big picture. The whole process takes about 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were technical/related to science with a few behavioral.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (East Hanover, NJ).

Interview

A recruiter called me out of the blue, asked if I had a few minutes to talk then and there, and then interviewed me on the spot. Several days later, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager for at least an hour. Then a couple weeks later, HR reached out to me to schedule an on-site interview with several individuals. Each interview was about 45 minutes, including the meeting with the hiring manager. Each interview went pleasantly with the exception of one individual who made it clear he was unenthusiastic about my background.

HR emphasized to me that, regardless of the outcome, she would personally call me to let me know their final decision. She explicitly said that I would not receive a form email.

After 4 months of radio silence, I received a form rejection email. Other than this last bit and the one interviewer, the interview process went smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? / Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (East Hanover, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted via email to schedule an in-person interview. When I went for the interview, I met with two different people. One person clearly had a positive attitude and was very friendly. The other person seemed like she had already made up her mind about who would get the position and was just interviewing me because she had to. While everyone was still kind, I don't have either a good nor bad impression of the place.

Interview Questions

• Went over my resume, only one or two behavior questions. Also: What can you tell me that isn't on your resume?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with Talent Acquisition which led to a face to face with the hiring manager and another manager. The interview consisted of both general questions and behavioral questions.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Very positive, technical and management experience closely matched. The interview process lasted few rounds. The panel asked a number of management related questions. The business model for the employer was evolving, so they could not answer my queries on organizational structure

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (New York, NY).

Interview

Very difficult. Several interviews - 6 month decision process. I had a phone, in person, panel, and an in-house interview. Not a lot of typical HR questions. Background check VERY thorough and takes some time to complete. Bottom line - if you are not the best of the best, don't apply

Interview Questions

• Gave a very complex problem involving many external factors. Wanted strategic solution   Answer Question

Medical Science Liaison Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Hanover, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (East Hanover, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

There were a total of 5 one on one interviews with a presentation of a topic of my choosing. Everyone was cordial. The interview lasted about 5 hours.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation and how did you handle your reaction?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (East Hanover, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

I was scheduled for the interview through a recruiting firm. There was some mistake in that I showed up for the interview on a Tuesday and was told at Reception that my meeting was not until the next day. The recruiter to this day doesn't seem to know how that happened. It was highly annoying, as I lost an entire afternoon... not to mention the stress of preparing, dressing, and driving to the interview. I decided to take the high road and be gracious and forgiving. Really? What other choice is there?

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult personal relationship situation you encountered on the job and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (Detroit, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the DM via phone who scheduled me for a face to face interview. Interview lasted about one hour. Interview by the DM, my future counterpart ( if you get the job), and the Regional Sales Manager. The interview was very disorganized. Everyone asking you questions at the same time. The RSM was not professional and wasn't paying attention to the answers. She looked exhauste!

Interview Questions

• Why are was looking for a new position and why Novartis?   Answer Question