Novartis Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Novartis Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017

Environmental, Safety, and Health Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (Lincoln, NE).

Interview

Grueling. Had an interview in Lincoln, NE @2012 which flew me out there, the HR rep was off, so another went over benefits first. Had a couple of meetings with individuals, went to lunch with two of them. That was reasonable. The after-lunch multi-person attack was new to me. I went to the conference room where about 10 men (I was the only female) including the plant lead (mgr) fired one question after another at me, without even listening to my answers or each others' questions. I was thankful I stayed firmly ensconced in my chair. Not sure why they felt obligated to do a full-on attack as part of an interview. The job was not that high-level. Then, I had to sit in the HR area until I was told I could leave. Their process did not seem terribly effective to find out if someone knew much or was compatible. Or maybe I just would not have fit into this type of environment. No, I was not offered a job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you knew someone was padding their expense reports?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

1st - Phone interview with recruiter/HR going over background and the position

2nd - Panel Interview with HR/hiring managers

All questions were behavioral questions, so be prepared to answer in STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) format. Normally they say this process is 10 days, but it was dragged out a lot longer due to people being on vacation, etc.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a conflict you had with another employee?   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (East Hanover, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

Scheduled face-to-face to review skills and behavior; STAR format used; travel and appointment arranged by recruitment agent; group panel discussion lasting approximately 1 hour; one week after interview for decision.

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (Somerset, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via phone and email. The interview was actually a good interview...not too many hard questions. I was asked to write down some interesting things about myself. The staff was very curtious and professional. The interview enviorment was very comfortable. At the end of the interviews i was told to expect a phone call or email within 2 days informing me if i was hired or not

Interview Questions

• The question were direct and straight forward. No trick questions or any personality questions to answers   2 Answers

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

STAR format - a panel of two managers or more if needed. Pleasant but nerve recking. They are straight forward about the information that they are looking for. No trick questions.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to give solid examples of your work.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did need to negotiate my starting salary. The process went back and forth three times. I was looking for more time off which I did not get but after 1 year the PTO was adjusted to provide more time.

Pharmaceutical Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

Took 2 weeks to receive a response, sent an automatic email letting me know other candidates were better qualified. Standard rejection email from an HR office. Encouraged to apply to other positions.

QC Scientist Interview

Interview

This was for their NJ branch. : Phone screen with HR, 2 hours onsite interview, panel/1:1. Never heard back. I was expecting atleast a courtesy call/notofication. Thumbs down.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (East Hanover, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

went really smooth, not too much technical questions asked, more like getting a feel for personality and whether it will be a good fit for the group. All and all, nice people, just don't think it will be a good opportunity for career growth.

Interview Questions

• how would you handle several projects with equally tight timelines?   Answer Question

Product Transfer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (Cambridge, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me and I was submitted, within the hour she called back telling me I was chosen for a phone screen the next day, which based on results top candidates would get face to face interviews on Friday. Was called on Tuesday by 2 employees, my screen was scheduled for 30 mins, turned out to be 45. I called recruiter after to let her know how it went, we both agreed things looked good so I cleared my schedule for Friday, figuring on a face to face interview. Wednesday afternoon went by and no word from recruiter - emails to her said no feedback yet from Novartis. Thursday rolls around - no word to recruiter. Following Tuesday, recruiter calls me apologizing (and angry) - Novartis finally sent her an email that job was never funded to begin with! So they only wasted my, the recruiters, and 2 employees time in phone screening me. So BEWARE OF FAKE JOBS!!!

Interview Questions

• How many years experience did I have specifically in OEM products.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Hanover, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (East Hanover, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

I was referred by internal employee. I set interview with team manager. We had 30 minutes interview he told me about company and what is teams job. Then he asked about me. What I did before?What kind of projects I did?finally what I know