Novartis Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Novartis Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2017

Associate Director, Senior Applications Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Hanover, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (East Hanover, NJ).

Interview

Hiring manager usually does the real interview, sometimes there will be a follow-up interview by others in the team. After that you will progress to the next round with department head along with HR

Interview Questions

• Architecture related case studies, GxP validation related questions will most certainly be asked   Answer Question

Chemist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

Participated in on-campus interview process in fall. Prior to on-campus interview, also had a phone interview. Waited ~1.5 month before receiving an invitation for on-site interview. Fairly typical on-site interview process. Dinner night one with 'peers'....seemed more interested in holding their own conversation than in getting to know me. Next day, presentation early am, followed by a series of one-on-one interviews from various levels of people.

Manufacture Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holly Springs, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (Holly Springs, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

It was a panel interview with 5 department managers. The process was not difficult because I was prepared well. I felt there was nothing that they could ask me that I did not know the answer to.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Novartis?   1 Answer
    • Name one time you had a person with worked with   1 Answer

Interview

SImple and easy; they were dazzled by rich anecdotes and optics, not so much on substance.

Interview Questions

• Philosophical querstions, like "what do you believe is the purpose of..."   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. They came in with an offer that was their best and final, which I thought was fair.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

I was able to get an interview because of a friend. The district manager was fine, but the regional manager was tough. He kept glancing at my watch and made me feel unwanted and under valued. I ending up getting the job, but I swore I was out.

Negotiation

No, I tried to negotiate because it was 8k lower than where I was at; however, I was unemployed at the time and they told me there were five more people lined up to take my job and that was all they could give me since I had barely two years of sales experience.

Finance Manager Interview

Interview

There is a interview guide with set questions from HR, but no input from HR so the STAR questions "tell me of a time" are not coordinated from interviewer to interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Typical "tell me why you are looking" "tell me of a time when you had to.... and so on and so on."   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not any negotiation and the hiring manager wouldn't even give 24 hours to think about it. I had to do a verbal yes on the phone before seeing the written offer.

Senior Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plainsboro, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (Plainsboro, NJ) in April 2014.

Interview

Very rigorous. The check on the background for a while. I was waiting for them to get back for weeks. There were two rounds of interviews. First round you meet with line management and peers who ask you questions about fit, function and motivation. Then second round is more or less with upper management - they ask you to present to larger group.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (East Hanover, NJ) in April 2014.

Interview

I wasnot able to have a in-person 1:1 discussion with my hiring manager, just had a phone interview with the person.
    One of the people interviewing me didnot see my CV in advance, instead skimmed over it in front of me.
    Had an impression that people are quite aloof in the department and not that welcoming to a candidate

Interview Questions

• 1.You have worked in so many places, what is it that you are looking for?
      2. Describe a situation where you were involved in a work place conflict and how did you solve it.
      Answer Question

Senior Statistical Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (East Hanover, NJ) in April 2014.

Interview

Face to Face; around 4 hours; Some were on the phone and others onsite face to face. Asked general questions and then few technical questions. It is hard to predict the outcome as they may not give you what you are asking and they have their own metric to decide title and salary.

Interview Questions

• General Questions and few technical questions; Technical questions may be hit or miss. On the whole not a difficult one. It also depend which group you go to; general medicine or the oncology one.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

It was a casual interview. No trip up questions. Asked more about my needs and goals for myself. Seemed more interested in my level of understanding of the position and my business approach.

Interview Questions

• I do not remember any difficult questions. They were all inquiring about my approach to business. I was honest so they were easy and the interviewer seemed to recognize that.   Answer Question