Novartis Pharmaceuticals Presidential Postdoctoral Fellow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Novartis Pharmaceuticals Presidential Postdoctoral Fellow Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Presidential Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (Cambridge, MA) in July 2008.

Interview

After an initial phone interview with the director of the postdoc program, I was invited for an on-site interview and presentation. During the on-site interview, I met with a 8 - 10 investigators and 2-4 current postdocs. It was not clear if all of the investigators were interested in taking a postdoc or if they were evaluating me. As it turns out, there was probably just two who were considering me. It took more than 6 weeks for them to get back to me. The final hurdle in the Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship program is to be invited to write a proposal. The proposal writing phase of the application is slow. I completed the proposal in 2 - 3 weeks, but it took 4 months to get final clearance of the proposal and receive an actual offer. The procedure is slow and not efficient.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

All the postdocs get the same starting salary. There may be some negotiation in the relocation package - but mine was very generous.