Novartis Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Novartis Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview Questions

3.2

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with Talent Acquisition which led to a face to face with the hiring manager and another manager. The interview consisted of both general questions and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Novartis Pharmaceuticals

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (Detroit, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the DM via phone who scheduled me for a face to face interview. Interview lasted about one hour. Interview by the DM, my future counterpart ( if you get the job), and the Regional Sales Manager. The interview was very disorganized. Everyone asking you questions at the same time. The RSM was not professional and wasn't paying attention to the answers. She looked exhauste!

Interview Questions

• Why are was looking for a new position and why Novartis?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

STAR format - a panel of two managers or more if needed. Pleasant but nerve recking. They are straight forward about the information that they are looking for. No trick questions.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to give solid examples of your work.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did need to negotiate my starting salary. The process went back and forth three times. I was looking for more time off which I did not get but after 1 year the PTO was adjusted to provide more time.

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Star format

Interview Questions

• what do you do when a doctor closes the door on your face   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (Omaha, NE) in August 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed by some male manager with the other Omaha rep present, too. The hiring manager was awful, and never called me back as he promised he would.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (Newark, NJ) in May 2012.

Interview

It was a typical pharma sales interview, behavioral based questions, looked at previous experience, strengths and areas of development. Good preparation, as with any interview, is key to your success.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (Toledo, OH) in April 2012.

Interview

4 step interview process. HR screen, manager, seperate manager, then regional manager. They use a behavior based interview model. Answer all question using the STAR model.

Interview Questions

• "With physician access being an issue in today's pharmaceutical sales market in the past what have you done to overcome this."   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (Miami, FL) in February 2011.

Interview

I started with a phone interview with a recruiter. I then proceeded to a face to face interview with the hiring manager. I then had a second face to face interview with another district manager in the area. I then had the opportunity to spend a day in the field with a future colleague. I was then flown to Atlanta, to interview with the regional director for the division. At that point, all of the interview process was completed. Within a week, I received a call from the recruiter with an offer which I accepted. I then received a phone call from the hiring manager. I was officially hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (Cleveland, OH) in April 2009.

Interview

I was invited to attend a "cattle call" type interview at mid-level hotel ballroom. After telling the audience about the company and position, the host asked who wanted a position. At that point, what they are really looking for is go-getters to get up and get in line - literally, it took all of us about 60 seconds to "get it", but eventually everyone got up and got in a big line. As you worked your way to the front, you were asked to give a 30 second commercial of yourself, if you pass this test, they invite you to another room to talk to two company recruiters, if you pass this test, they schedule an interview at a later time with two other recruiters. At the call back interview, they ask you to bring your grades, and all other proof of acheivement. This is as far as I decided to go. It was obvious that they are looking to see how aggressive you are, without being offensive and pushy. If, in the ballroom, you can't get their attention in 30 seconds, the assumption is, you won't be able to get a docs attention either.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed and what the outcome was.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (Austin, TX) in September 2008.

Interview

Literally a 4 minute interview thru a job fair. Will never attend one of those again. Interviewer had a set lis of questions, about 8, and the interview was then over. Never heard back from them.