Novell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 6, 2017

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Novell (Provo, UT) in May 2012.

Interview

The Novell or Attachmate recruiter contacted me looking for a developer with similar skills. I phone interviewed with the recruiter who was based out of New York and then had two different group interviews. One was with a set of developers and one was with a set of managers, one being the hiring manager. The phone interview went fine although I should have listened to my instincts and declined when she asked me one of the top 10 dumbest interview questions: "what interests you about Novell?" Hmm, you were hiring!

But I didn't listen and I went to do the interview anyway. The group interview with the developers went great. They seemed like seasoned professionals which thought about and solved the same types of problems that I work with every day. We hit it off exceptionally well.

Then the managers came in for the group interview to just "see if I was a good fit for the team." They continued for the next hour to ask the worst interview questions I have ever experienced.

"Where do you see yourself in five years?"
    "Why do you want to work here?"
    "Rate yourself."
    "Why didn't you rate yourself perfect?"

When they asked for the second time, "Tell us in 1 minute why we should hire you over all the other candidates we have interviewed," I couldn't take it anymore and replied: "Did you want this answer different than the last time I answered it?" They both kept a completely straight face as if they hadn't asked the same dumb question twice, and replied, "yes, answer it differently." At that point I knew, even if they offered me the job, that I wouldn't want to work anywhere near these managers... ever!

Interview Questions

• How would people communicate in a perfect world?   27 Answers
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • Where would you rate yourself on a scale of 1-10 among all the other people that have interviewed for this job?   1 Answer
    • Describe yourself in three words.   2 Answers

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novell (Provo, UT) in April 2011.

Interview

Asked regular questions about my resume and background.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about credit?   1 Answer

Parner Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novell (Chicago, IL) in August 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed by HR. This person had no sense of humor. Voice was monotone. Not a got listener. After discussing my my experience, this person asked me if I had any experience as a..........I wanted to say to this person "didn't you listen to one word I said?" What a loser.....

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novell (Boston, MA) in June 2010.

Interview

Talked on the phone with a VP of Marketing. Frankly, I got the distinct impression that I was one of many people he called that day for his superiority complex fix. He asked me a few questions, some of which I had no way of knowing without having worked there before. Unfortunate experience.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to improve the performance of our Plate products?   2 Answers

Solution Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novell (Provo, UT) in April 2010.

Interview

Fast paced questions that were scenario based. Terse, cut me off before answer was complete to get to next question.

Interview Questions

• How would you change our product strategy?   1 Answer
    • What are the ways you would market our solutions?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novell (Boston, MA) in September 2009.

Interview

The screening interview took about 30 minutes. Started with the HR recruiter giving an overview of the position. Then followed by general questions.

Software Testing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novell in June 2009.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straight forward. There were three different groups looking for new hires and each group did an interview one right after another. For the most part the questions that were asked dealt with technical questions. The work culture seemed to me to be one that I would be comfortable working in, more laid back and free. I later found out that upper management pulled the plug on new hires for the time being.

Interview Questions

• Describe how to configure and manage a VLAN.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Novell in February 2009.

Interview

The process started quite well--the recruiter seemed professional and was fairly responsive. After he set up the first rounds, however, it was impossible to get any updates. I followed up at least 3 times in 6 weeks only to be told they'd get back to me "soon." Finally, after 42 days, I got a message stating they were moving ahead with other candidates. I knew that Novell was having a diffucult time, but apparently that extends to their recruiting process as well!

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Novell (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

I got a call through Freshersworld.com . There were three rounds .
    1. Aptitude Test
    2.Technical Round
    3.HR Round
    They were very kind and helpful. HR was very co-operative.First Round was Difficult. Among 200, only 12 students got selected.

Interview Questions

• In Aptitude , They mostly asked about Mathematics, Reasoning & Questions related to Computer Science.Mostly they asked from coding section.   Answer Question
    • How to check internet connectivity in Java?   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer-QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Novell (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview was easy,there was first 2 round of objective, question from java ,c++,aptitude,os,networking.if you will clear these round they will call you for face to face interview.there will be 3 more round 2 tech and one hr round,overall it was easy interview.

Interview Questions

• they asked question from java and data structure and etc   1 Answer