Novell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Novell Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novell (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

Shortlisted candidates were called for interview. First round was aptitude test and complexity of the interview was relatively high. Only few (2) members were shortlisted out of 200 odd members. Company infrastructure, culture everything was good. They were very polite as well. It is required to prepare well for the aptitude.

Interview Questions

• Aptitude complexity was high.   1 Answer

Solution Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novell (Provo, UT) in April 2010.

Interview

Fast paced questions that were scenario based. Terse, cut me off before answer was complete to get to next question.

Interview Questions

• How would you change our product strategy?   1 Answer
    • What are the ways you would market our solutions?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Novell (New Delhi (India)) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview process consisted of pre screening, phone interviews and then face to face panel interview. There were two phone interviews, both of which were very technical and focused on the requirements of the job. After these, there was one more interview conducted in a panel consisting of the hiring manager, human resources manager and team leader from a peer organization. After this, the decision to move ahead with the offer and other logistics details were discussed and pursued.

Interview Questions

• Mostly focused on job requirements and how current skill set can match those.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Novell (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was conducted through freshersworld Novell campus. It have a very difficult technical test which consisted of questions from Networking, Data Structures, C programming, aptitude, etc. Followed by technical interview where they asked almost everything from java, c, data struuctures, etc.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Novell (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

I am veerendra and i attended interview at novell through freshersworld.I have cleared written and technical interview.But i didnot get any call from them for hr .Will i get call or not .If anyone know about please tell me.the process iswritten test followed by techical discussion then they will intimate about hr.After technical they told that we call you shortly.but i did not get any call.

Interview Questions

Interview

It was pretty good and majorly focused on the technologies & projects i worked earlier. In depth analysis and root cause of the issues. Thinking out of box and business prespective will fetch you the fruits.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Novell in October 2014.

Interview

Phone screen with a recruiter. Second interview with hiring manager and two co-workers. Asked a lot of questions about testing and development process and around Agile methodology and application. Technical interview with lead SDET that had an algorithm question, a code example and an API test whiteboard example. After the interviews, I heard back from the recruiter and then the hiring manager. There was frequent communication with the recruiter that was very helpful and provided lots of follow-up. Overall a good interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Technical interview felt somewhat rushed. There was a series of questions given a partially completed interface, how would you test it. A lot of leading questions and re-phrasing that made it difficult to understand where he was going with it. Lots of ambiguity.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Originally told that my salary requirements were too high and I accepted a different offer. Came back a few days later with an increased offer. Seemed like a disconnect between hiring manager and recruiter, but they were willing to go to bat for me.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Novell (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2012.

Interview

Great Interview Process. Really detailed questions that helped me to focus more clearly on the position's contribution to business goals.

Interview Questions

• Calculate the CPA for various social media channels.   1 Answer

Found a better company closer to home.

SSE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Novell (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2010.

Interview

Was asked about few basic linked list qns and pointer basics

Interview Questions

Negotiation

After negotiation got sign-on bonus.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Novell.

Interview

Written test of 70 mins.
    15 ques aptitude, 20 ques on OS and Networking, 15 Ques on C. All these questions were objective.
    There was one C program which was tough