Novell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Novell Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

Interview

There were two rounds , HR and technical . The HR round was basically a mini tech round which was focussed at finding out the candidate's area of interests and then the technical was based on the information passed by the HR and obviously surprising - HR before technical.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions.
      They asked me simple alhgorithmic problems . I was asked to code to get the mirror image of a binary search tree and print and save the reverse of a given snetence .
      1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Interview

The phone interview and then call in interview and then another call in interview which is all day long

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

Typically is a 3 stage process. Stage 1 is the hiring manager interview. Stage 2 is the role's Director interview and Stage 3 is HR.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Novell (Provo, UT).

Interview

Phone calls from hiring manager.
    Interview - phone screen.
    Interview focused on situational questions rather than behavioral.
    Offer given on the spot.
    Overall process is standard for entry level positions.

Interview Questions

• troubleshooting. Basic flow for thought. How would you solve problem A. Some of the problems were screenshots of errors, just to see how you would approach a problem.   Answer Question

Software Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Novell.

Interview

It was pleasant experience interviewing for Novell. There were 2 rounds of technical interview followed by couple of managerial & HR interviews based on which I got the offer. The technical rounds were focused on Coding. The interviewers expected you to write Java/C++ code. They expected in depth knowledge on OS & Networking.

Interview Questions

• Which data structure would you use for storing duplicate key value pair.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novell (Provo, UT) in October 2009.

Interview

It was very simple and straight forward. It helped that my friend was already working as an intern there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-existant.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novell (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2011.

Interview

2 rounds of interview face to face, the questions were pretty straight forward and easy.

Interview Questions

• Novell was a good brand, but I am afraid of company's future growth because of incompetent managers who misuse their power.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Vanuatu)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Novell (Sydney (Vanuatu)) in May 2012.

Interview

long and and not very relevant for the role i took, there was a lot of time wasted.
    long and and not very relevant for the role i took, there was a lot of time wasted .
    .long and and not very relevant for the role i took, there was a lot of time wasted

Interview Questions

• much much do you now about Zenworks   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novell (Provo, UT) in March 2007.

Interview

This was for an internship position that I took. The interview was fairly simple. I don't think there were any behavioral type questions. It was all mostly skill based with a few questions about previous employment and describing what I did in those positions. I interviewed first with one manager that asked me background type questions and then I was interviewed by another manager who asked me a slew of technical questions. Most were pretty simple, just testing if I knew my way around Linux and then a simple programming question and sort of a math question. Overall it was really pretty simple compared to other interviews that I have had since then for real jobs and not internships.

Interview Questions

• Convert a hex number to binary and visa versa   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiations are handled by the human resources department. The person that I talked to was very nice. Even though it was just an internship he treated me like I was going to be a regular employee, asking me how much time I needed to consider the offer and giving me control over my decision. It was nice

Internal Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novell (Provo, UT) in March 2008.

Interview

Short and simple. I submitted my resume, they called to schedule an interview. I came in, was check in by security, and talked to the person who's position I would be taking, as well as my other potential coworkers. When they were done talking to me their manager came and interviewed me. Overall a very painless, easy going process.