Novell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Novell Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2017

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Novell in July 2011.

Interview

Two days of interviews with prospective clients, co-workers, and all the managers. The next week I had several phone interviews with other managers who were located out of state. After that, I received the job offer.

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novell (Provo, UT) in April 2011.

Interview

Asked regular questions about my resume and background.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about credit?   1 Answer

Parner Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novell (Chicago, IL) in August 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed by HR. This person had no sense of humor. Voice was monotone. Not a got listener. After discussing my my experience, this person asked me if I had any experience as a..........I wanted to say to this person "didn't you listen to one word I said?" What a loser.....

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novell (Boston, MA) in June 2010.

Interview

Talked on the phone with a VP of Marketing. Frankly, I got the distinct impression that I was one of many people he called that day for his superiority complex fix. He asked me a few questions, some of which I had no way of knowing without having worked there before. Unfortunate experience.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to improve the performance of our Plate products?   2 Answers

Solution Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novell (Provo, UT) in April 2010.

Interview

Fast paced questions that were scenario based. Terse, cut me off before answer was complete to get to next question.

Interview Questions

• How would you change our product strategy?   1 Answer
    • What are the ways you would market our solutions?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Novell (Provo, UT) in April 2010.

Interview

Initial application and contact was very quick. The Director of Product Management himself did the first rounds of interviews to filter more quickly and not wait for recruiters to filter. After the first interview, the second round was a week or so later. Then a long wait.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was limited--my boss was great and came in at the max offer point.

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Novell (Boston, MA) in February 2010.

Interview

1st - Recruiter
    2nd - Hiring Mgr
    3rd - Hiring Mgr's direct reports (future peers)

The company is very technical, and had little focus on business. The team's egos were very inflated and they were more focused on their academic credentials than they were in actually growing revenue.

Interview Questions

• What is an example (other than Apple) of great marketing?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novell (Provo, UT) in October 2009.

Interview

It was very simple and straight forward. It helped that my friend was already working as an intern there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-existant.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novell (Boston, MA) in September 2009.

Interview

The screening interview took about 30 minutes. Started with the HR recruiter giving an overview of the position. Then followed by general questions.

Software Testing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novell in June 2009.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straight forward. There were three different groups looking for new hires and each group did an interview one right after another. For the most part the questions that were asked dealt with technical questions. The work culture seemed to me to be one that I would be comfortable working in, more laid back and free. I later found out that upper management pulled the plug on new hires for the time being.

Interview Questions

• Describe how to configure and manage a VLAN.   1 Answer