Novell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Novell Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2017

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Novell (Provo, UT) in June 2009.

Interview

Met with various managers on the team and team members. The higher software engineers asked more technical questions and managers asked more typical where do you want to be type questions. It was at least 4 hours interview. I also had to interview with the HR person at the beginning.

Interview Questions

• One of the engineers asked me to solve a link list problem   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was with the hiring manager and she was very nice and it was very fast. Two phone calls

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Novell in February 2009.

Interview

The process started quite well--the recruiter seemed professional and was fairly responsive. After he set up the first rounds, however, it was impossible to get any updates. I followed up at least 3 times in 6 weeks only to be told they'd get back to me "soon." Finally, after 42 days, I got a message stating they were moving ahead with other candidates. I knew that Novell was having a diffucult time, but apparently that extends to their recruiting process as well!

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Novell (Provo, UT) in October 2008.

Interview

I interview first for their Customer Service back in 2006 then in 2008 I interviewed for the Inside Sales Rep and got it. All interviews where with a Panel

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unfortunately you can not negotiate pay. At lest that is what they told me

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novell (Provo, UT) in July 2008.

Interview

Recommended by friend at company. 1 long chat with hiring manager covering general aspects of product management.

Interview Questions

• What was my opinion on the primary focus of product management   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novell (Vienna, VA) in March 2008.

Interview

Very smooth and very friendly.

Interview Questions

• How to use Linux command to find any file in the OS contains certain string.   2 Answers

Internal Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novell (Provo, UT) in March 2008.

Interview

Short and simple. I submitted my resume, they called to schedule an interview. I came in, was check in by security, and talked to the person who's position I would be taking, as well as my other potential coworkers. When they were done talking to me their manager came and interviewed me. Overall a very painless, easy going process.

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novell (Provo, UT) in March 2008.

Interview

My initial exposure was was through an employee who encouraged me to apply for the job - so I was a little comfortable already knowing him. However, I would say that the overall experience was very casual, personal, and yet professional. My interview really consisted of two parts: I had a group conversation/discussion with the prior two interns and their supervisor. This conversation really focused on my personality, interested, past experience, as well as giving me an idea of the projects they were working on. Second, I met with the VP on Internal Audit for an interview 1:1. This was more about my future career interests, experience, and relevant skills. I thought the interview process gave me a great idea of what it would be like to work at Novell.

Interview Questions

• What are your future career plans and how do you think that Novell will factor into your preparation for that? What will you do here at Novell to help you down that path?   1 Answer
    • What kind of Information Systems background do you have? What programming languages or applications are you familiar with?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not really. It was an internship offer, so not a lot of wiggle room. However, the offer was very competitive for the area.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novell (Provo, UT) in March 2007.

Interview

This was for an internship position that I took. The interview was fairly simple. I don't think there were any behavioral type questions. It was all mostly skill based with a few questions about previous employment and describing what I did in those positions. I interviewed first with one manager that asked me background type questions and then I was interviewed by another manager who asked me a slew of technical questions. Most were pretty simple, just testing if I knew my way around Linux and then a simple programming question and sort of a math question. Overall it was really pretty simple compared to other interviews that I have had since then for real jobs and not internships.

Interview Questions

• Convert a hex number to binary and visa versa   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiations are handled by the human resources department. The person that I talked to was very nice. Even though it was just an internship he treated me like I was going to be a regular employee, asking me how much time I needed to consider the offer and giving me control over my decision. It was nice

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novell.

Interview

It was walk-in
    It's a nice experience to have such an interview.
    3 rounds with good questions(basic questions)
    Completed all the interview rounds along with the HR round on the same day itself.
    Make sure that everything is perfect and correct when you accept offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Http status codes, rest vs soap, selenium webdriver questions, LDAP, writing test cases for a usecase , core Java questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coimbatore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novell (Coimbatore (India)).

Interview

The company came to college campus and setup interviews. The process had a 3 one-one interviews. The selection was based on GPA. The main questions were related to college courses, DBA questions and core c++ and c questions. After the interview the decision was provided on the same day as well.