Novella Clinical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 19, 2017

2.4

Senior Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Novella Clinical (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter who asked a lot of generalized questions to help pair experience with the perfect project. I had multiple conversations with the recruiter. Advise: Build a strong relationship with the recruiter, they are really pushing you to the hiring manager. Then Interview with Trial Manager and Manager of Clinical Trials. Overall a standard interview process. It was a key position so the interview process went very quick.

Interview Questions

• Oncology: The difference between Clinical and Objective Response. (review and understand RECIST Criteria)   1 Answer
    • How do you monitor? (meaning what is your process for monitoring, flow of visit etc.)   Answer Question
    • What do you look for in disease progression? Source types?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novella Clinical.

Interview

Interview was on time, organized and did not last long. Panel interview with the manager and Sr Coordinators. Everyone was very nice and seemed interested in what I had to say

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Novella Clinical (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

I interviewed at the headquarters in Raleigh,NC with a top manager of the company. He gave me an overview of the company going in detail how the CRO is set up, new hire training expectations, company mission and focus etc. He was very friendly, easy to talk to. I was provided with a tour of the building and introduced to key administrative staff who I have either been in communication with early in the interview process or would work with moving forward.
    I received an offer the same day- within hours of my on-site face to face interview. It was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Prior monitoring experience, therapeutic area experience, indications I have worked with (without disclosing proprietary information)
      Asked questions about my work ethic, conditions I work best under etc.
      Answer Question

Clinical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Novella Clinical (Seattle, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

I spoke with the Novella recruiter via phone for about 25 minutes. She explained that the requirements of the position had changed since the job was posted and that I no longer met the clients needs. That being said, she was interested in hearing more about me and my background to see if there was another position that might be a good fit.

Safety Administrator II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Novella Clinical (Research Triangle Park, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Quick interview process, formal but not intimidating. The interviewing manager was pleasant, yet professional. They had another person from the team interview me afterwards, she was dry and lifeless. She was not a good representation for the company for this process. It made me question if she even enjoyed her job. I think it would be in their best interest to get someone with a little more life to follow up after the hiring manager. She is the reason I wanted the job. She was very informative. She did not hesitate to answer my questions, and I had quite a few written down.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to leave my current CRO employer   1 Answer

Negotiation

It took them a while to call me back with a job offer, but this was communicated to me ahead of time. They stood by their word and called me during the time frame they said they would. That was commendable and unexpected. I wanted more money than they offered. There was no hesitation on their part to oblige.

Senior CRA Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Novella Clinical in March 2015.

Interview

Got a call from novella recruiter, answered some impromptu cra experience on oncology. she called a few days later to schedule an interview. Teleconference interview with 3 managers in the morning. Recruiter got back to me via email they moved on with another candidate

Interview Questions

• oncology related, diff btw clinical and objective progression of RECIST. What to look out for in patient progression, describe how u monitor, how do you handle multiple sites are the few I remember. Hope it helps   Answer Question

ISSC Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Novella Clinical (Raleigh, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview was done as 2 separate interviews with 2 managers in each. The managers all know each other and the interview itself was very warm and pleasant. It felt like I was being interviewed by fellow colleagues instead of grilled by superiors that wanted to make sure that their respect was cemented. They asked me questions that pertained to the job and spoke very frankly with me about the position and their company. Not once did they attempt to sugar-coat any of their processes or the company as a whole. They gave me matter of fact information like one adult speaking to another. It was refreshing to talk to someone that was so candid rather than just another corporate robot. They told me ahead of time that the company was a little smaller than usual, that some of the work was harder than what I was used to, but that they all got along and had a good time with it. And they were right.

Interview Questions

• How would I deal with two Sponsors that both gave me work that they deemed was urgent?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novella Clinical (Research Triangle Park, NC) in March 2014.

Interview

brief and easy process. very behavioral. asked easy questions to answer regarding past experience and situational questions to get an idea of how you behave under stress and other situations

Senior CRA Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Novella Clinical.

Interview

The process was quite extensive; I interviewed with the HR representative who contacted me, then I interviewed with three different people, from three different departments. I thought that was a good thing because I was able to speak with several different people to give several different perspectives. They were very quick the response for their hiring decision.

Interview Questions

• The question were industry standard questions, none unexpected. Be prepared   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no need to negotiate, they actually gave me what I asked for.

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novella Clinical (Research Triangle Park, NC) in November 2013.

Interview

There was one phone interview and one in person interview. It was with the line manager & 2 project coordinators. The interview was about an hour and it was very professional. The interview started on time and it wasn't awkward or weird. Overall it was fairly average for the position and I felt very good afterwards.