Novetta Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Computer Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Novetta (Columbia, MD).

Interview

Several rounds of interviews. First interview was a tech fit about basic networking concepts and information security topics. Pretty standard technical topics for the role. Next interviews were more relaxed company-fit style interviews.

Interview Questions

• Explain DNS. What's a firewall. Explain IDS and IPS. They asked about common ports and what they were and for a detailed explanation. Asked about different encryption methods.   Answer Question

Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southern Pines, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novetta (Southern Pines, NC).

Interview

First interview was a phone/Skype coding interview. The first round typical questions included why I chose my Degree. Current projects that I am working on. What are some challenges of my current projects. What coding languages do you know. Are you familiar with SQL ? The second round interview was on-site with a panel that included 2 technical questions.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me on linkedin. I was asked to take part in a phone interview. It was roughly an hour. It involved two very easy questions involving string manipulation. Passed with no issues.

Roughly an hour after the interview I had received an email to take part in a on-site interview. I choose not to follow through with this interview due to interests in a different company.

Interview Questions

• String manipulation. Analysis of what I had just wrote.   Answer Question

Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Novetta (Tampa, FL) in March 2018.

Interview

Apply, contacted by HR, phone technical screen, onsite.

Be warned though they tried pulling a bait and switch. Position I applied for was in a specific city. After getting invited down to onsite in Southern Pines, NC did they ask me to confirm if I wanted to move to NC. Which is a thousand miles away from the job posting I applied for and at no point did the job posting reflect "relocation required".

Basically a scam.

Vice President Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novetta (Columbia, MD) in September 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screen that lasted 5 minutes and I was quickly scheduled for an initial interview. Once completed, a second was scheduled with the senior leadership. The interview was more of a conversation. The CEO shared her vision for the company which made it easy for me to answer questions in a manner that aligned with that vision and assess how I fit in to their plans.

Junior Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Novetta (Chantilly, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Done over the phone with a potential manager that I would be working with. I was asked to whiteboard a few tasks. Like setting up an html document, linking external js files. writing simple named functions. Everything was done in es5 javascript.

Interview Questions

• I performed a white board test via google drive. I was asked to perform basic javascript, angular.js programming.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Novetta.

Interview

I applied online in late Dec/early Jan and was contacted by a recruiter a few weeks later. I had 2 phone interviews (a week apart) with 2 different Technical Leads, then 2 weeks later my recruiter sent me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain in as much detail as possible what happens when you input a URL into a browser and hit enter.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Novetta in January 2016.

Interview

Jumped straight into algorithms and big-O notation, right off the bat. The are asking the wrong questions up front. There are egos to be stroked here so I recommend staying away.

Interview Questions

• Given a rectangular (cuboidal for the puritans) cake with a rectangular piece removed (any size or orientation), how would you cut the remainder of the cake into two equal halves with one straight cut of a knife?   Answer Question
    • You have 5 jars of pills. Each pill weighs 10 gram, except for contaminated pills contained in one jar, where each pill weighs 9 gm. Given a scale, how could you tell which jar had the contaminated pills in just one measurement?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novetta (Fayetteville, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

Met with multiple engineers in a group setting and went over experience which prompted related questions. No standard interview questions such as behavioral or situational were asked during the process. Jumped right into implementing some algorithms on the spot and after completion was able to ask questions to the panel.

Interview Questions

• Create a function that takes in a string and returns true if it’s a palindrome   Answer Question
    • Create a function that takes in two sorted lists and returns one sorted list   Answer Question

Functional Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Novetta (Springfield, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone screening from a recruiter, telephone interview with PM, panel interview with entire team. Everyone was professional and wanted to ensure not only that I would be able to perform the duties, but that I would be happy with the work. Regardless of rank, all interviewers were personable and interested in what I wanted to do in my career. They actually read my resume and asked detailed questions to make sure my personality would fit the requirements.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to tell a client "no" to something they had requested.   1 Answer