Novetta Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Computer Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Novetta (Columbia, MD).

Interview

Several rounds of interviews. First interview was a tech fit about basic networking concepts and information security topics. Pretty standard technical topics for the role. Next interviews were more relaxed company-fit style interviews.

Interview Questions

• Explain DNS. What's a firewall. Explain IDS and IPS. They asked about common ports and what they were and for a detailed explanation. Asked about different encryption methods.   Answer Question

Vice President Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novetta (Columbia, MD) in September 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screen that lasted 5 minutes and I was quickly scheduled for an initial interview. Once completed, a second was scheduled with the senior leadership. The interview was more of a conversation. The CEO shared her vision for the company which made it easy for me to answer questions in a manner that aligned with that vision and assess how I fit in to their plans.

Junior Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Novetta (Chantilly, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Done over the phone with a potential manager that I would be working with. I was asked to whiteboard a few tasks. Like setting up an html document, linking external js files. writing simple named functions. Everything was done in es5 javascript.

Interview Questions

• I performed a white board test via google drive. I was asked to perform basic javascript, angular.js programming.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Novetta.

Interview

I applied online in late Dec/early Jan and was contacted by a recruiter a few weeks later. I had 2 phone interviews (a week apart) with 2 different Technical Leads, then 2 weeks later my recruiter sent me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain in as much detail as possible what happens when you input a URL into a browser and hit enter.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Novetta in January 2016.

Interview

Jumped straight into algorithms and big-O notation, right off the bat. The are asking the wrong questions up front. There are egos to be stroked here so I recommend staying away.

Interview Questions

• Given a rectangular (cuboidal for the puritans) cake with a rectangular piece removed (any size or orientation), how would you cut the remainder of the cake into two equal halves with one straight cut of a knife?   Answer Question
    • You have 5 jars of pills. Each pill weighs 10 gram, except for contaminated pills contained in one jar, where each pill weighs 9 gm. Given a scale, how could you tell which jar had the contaminated pills in just one measurement?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novetta (Fayetteville, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

Met with multiple engineers in a group setting and went over experience which prompted related questions. No standard interview questions such as behavioral or situational were asked during the process. Jumped right into implementing some algorithms on the spot and after completion was able to ask questions to the panel.

Interview Questions

• Create a function that takes in a string and returns true if it’s a palindrome   Answer Question
    • Create a function that takes in two sorted lists and returns one sorted list   Answer Question

Functional Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Novetta (Springfield, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone screening from a recruiter, telephone interview with PM, panel interview with entire team. Everyone was professional and wanted to ensure not only that I would be able to perform the duties, but that I would be happy with the work. Regardless of rank, all interviewers were personable and interested in what I wanted to do in my career. They actually read my resume and asked detailed questions to make sure my personality would fit the requirements.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to tell a client "no" to something they had requested.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Novetta (Springfield, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

I first spoke with two recruiters over the phone. They asked questions about my experience to determine whether I might be a fit for one of their various positions. Next, I completed a technical phone interview, which went well. They setup an in-person interview in the Springfield office, and I spoke to three different people that day. There were a few technical questions, and each person gave information about their teams and projects. They seemed interested, and I thought the company sounded great. Until this point, the interview process was fine.

I heard from the recruiter shortly afterwards, who asked if I would do another interview. I was happy to, but a bit surprised when I learned that the interview location was National Harbor, Maryland. I have to say, in all my years of interviewing, this was the worst one I've ever had. It was uncomfortable, at times unprofessional, and changed my opinion of the company. Afterwards, they contacted me with a verbal offer to work onsite at a customer facility in Maryland, but I declined because the position was not a good fit for me. I was hopeful that the Maryland interview was a fluke and that the company might still have positions available on one of the teams in the Springfield office. I asked the recruiter if the positions in Springfield were still available, but he said they had been hiring and filled those positions. He spoke with me again a few days later about the possibility of interviewing for positions at another office, but by this point, I was in negotiations with a different company and decided to take their offer, which was a much better fit.

Looking back, I feel that the company needs to improve communications during the interview process. I was disappointed by the way things progressed. They had questions about whether I would be interested in working onsite, whether I would be willing to drive the extra commute to get to that location, but they didn't bother to ask me, just scheduled the interview and hoped I would take the offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what I would ask a potential employee if I were interviewing for the position.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Fairly standard interview process. Initial phone screening with company recruiter followed by another one with the hiring manager. I was asked general questions about my experiences and java concepts. After that I was interviewed by four employees in person. There were several whiteboard coding problems and one done using an IDE.

Experiences are positive. Communication was excellent and I moved through the interview process smoothly.

Requirements Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novetta (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

Initial telephone screening via HR followed by another telephone screening by the hiring manager. The hiring manager reviewed basic requirements of role and answered general questions I had. After successfully passing remote screening, I was asked to come in for a full round of interviews with several staff members. Interviews with staff members were 1:1 and panel. All interviewers were prepared and asked really good questions and were able to address any of my questions/concerns.

Interview Questions

• What would I do on your first day supporting a client and they made you feel stupid.   1 Answer