Novetta Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Computer Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Novetta (Columbia, MD).

Interview

Several rounds of interviews. First interview was a tech fit about basic networking concepts and information security topics. Pretty standard technical topics for the role. Next interviews were more relaxed company-fit style interviews.

Interview Questions

• Explain DNS. What's a firewall. Explain IDS and IPS. They asked about common ports and what they were and for a detailed explanation. Asked about different encryption methods.   Answer Question

Penetration Tester Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Novetta.

Interview

The interview process was a great experience and stress free. The recruiters at Novetta was very responsive, provided updates on the interview status, and followed up with me very frequently. The team at Novetta made me feel very welcomed and answered my questions very promptly.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Novetta in January 2016.

Interview

Jumped straight into algorithms and big-O notation, right off the bat. The are asking the wrong questions up front. There are egos to be stroked here so I recommend staying away.

Interview Questions

• Given a rectangular (cuboidal for the puritans) cake with a rectangular piece removed (any size or orientation), how would you cut the remainder of the cake into two equal halves with one straight cut of a knife?   Answer Question
    • You have 5 jars of pills. Each pill weighs 10 gram, except for contaminated pills contained in one jar, where each pill weighs 9 gm. Given a scale, how could you tell which jar had the contaminated pills in just one measurement?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Fairly standard interview process. Initial phone screening with company recruiter followed by another one with the hiring manager. I was asked general questions about my experiences and java concepts. After that I was interviewed by four employees in person. There were several whiteboard coding problems and one done using an IDE.

Experiences are positive. Communication was excellent and I moved through the interview process smoothly.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Novetta in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter set up an interview, just a typical screening. He set up my next interview with the project manager for the next day. Heard back 2-3 weeks later with the offer.

Interview Questions

• If you have a large txt file that you cannot rewind, with each line containing an alphanumeric token, how would you count how often each token occurs?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novetta (Fayetteville, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

Met with multiple engineers in a group setting and went over experience which prompted related questions. No standard interview questions such as behavioral or situational were asked during the process. Jumped right into implementing some algorithms on the spot and after completion was able to ask questions to the panel.

Interview Questions

• Create a function that takes in a string and returns true if it’s a palindrome   Answer Question
    • Create a function that takes in two sorted lists and returns one sorted list   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Novetta.

Interview

I applied online in late Dec/early Jan and was contacted by a recruiter a few weeks later. I had 2 phone interviews (a week apart) with 2 different Technical Leads, then 2 weeks later my recruiter sent me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain in as much detail as possible what happens when you input a URL into a browser and hit enter.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Vice President Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novetta (Columbia, MD) in September 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screen that lasted 5 minutes and I was quickly scheduled for an initial interview. Once completed, a second was scheduled with the senior leadership. The interview was more of a conversation. The CEO shared her vision for the company which made it easy for me to answer questions in a manner that aligned with that vision and assess how I fit in to their plans.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Novetta (Springfield, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

I first spoke with two recruiters over the phone. They asked questions about my experience to determine whether I might be a fit for one of their various positions. Next, I completed a technical phone interview, which went well. They setup an in-person interview in the Springfield office, and I spoke to three different people that day. There were a few technical questions, and each person gave information about their teams and projects. They seemed interested, and I thought the company sounded great. Until this point, the interview process was fine.

I heard from the recruiter shortly afterwards, who asked if I would do another interview. I was happy to, but a bit surprised when I learned that the interview location was National Harbor, Maryland. I have to say, in all my years of interviewing, this was the worst one I've ever had. It was uncomfortable, at times unprofessional, and changed my opinion of the company. Afterwards, they contacted me with a verbal offer to work onsite at a customer facility in Maryland, but I declined because the position was not a good fit for me. I was hopeful that the Maryland interview was a fluke and that the company might still have positions available on one of the teams in the Springfield office. I asked the recruiter if the positions in Springfield were still available, but he said they had been hiring and filled those positions. He spoke with me again a few days later about the possibility of interviewing for positions at another office, but by this point, I was in negotiations with a different company and decided to take their offer, which was a much better fit.

Looking back, I feel that the company needs to improve communications during the interview process. I was disappointed by the way things progressed. They had questions about whether I would be interested in working onsite, whether I would be willing to drive the extra commute to get to that location, but they didn't bother to ask me, just scheduled the interview and hoped I would take the offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what I would ask a potential employee if I were interviewing for the position.   Answer Question

Senior Director Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Novetta (McLean, VA) in June 2018.

Interview

I applied online and also reached out directly to the Director of Recruiting on LinkedIn.
     Shockingly enough, she was intrigued by my message and liked my spunk. She forwarded my resume to the hiring manager. Shortly after the process went as follows: Screener conversation with recruiter, phone call with hiring manager, in person interview with hiring manager and two members of the team I would take over, lastly I had another hour with just the hiring manager followed by an hour in person with SVP operations and the CEO.

Interview Questions

• Having looked at our messaging and website, what would you change?   Answer Question
    • What would you hope to accomplish in your first 30 days?   Answer Question