Novinium Journeyman Lineman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1.0

Journeyman Lineman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Novinium (Kent, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

Recruiter had zero knowledge of position she interviewed me for. I told her my history of voltages ranging from 4kv to 230kv and transformer banking configuration, knowledge. Testing and ground procedures for transmission lines. Hot line techniques and proper cover up and P.P.E. said"I have no idea what any of that means" I was baffled that after asking me what amount of money I would be needing($33-34) that she countered with $31.00. Like she had any clue what the job description of a lineman was had the nerve to haggle my rate of pay. Supervisor interview was awkward and over an hour late. Asked if I minded traveling and one question about underground primary circuits(radial vs. Loop feed) following the 2-3 of complete silence. This process raised several red flags for me regarding the credibility of this business.

Interview Questions

• Describe your job duties as a lineman   1 Answer

Negotiation

Lineman: lie, cheat, don't offer any information that isn't asked. Honesty will kill your efforts.