Novitex Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 4, 2017

2.2

Document Control Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novitex (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was brief with standard background questions. The talent acquisition team replied to my application within a day to schedule the interview. They contact you immediately afterward if they wish to schedule an in-person interview follow up.

Interview Questions

• Previous employment. Current employment. Give an example of when you excelled as a part of a team.   Answer Question

Guest Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Novitex (Issaquah, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview was a 3 step process, phone interview, interview with the hiring director and interview with peer management group. Novitex was quick to call when setting up interviews but took them 3 weeks to get back to me to tell me they had decided to move forward with a different candidate, This included ignoring my email request for a status update sent 1 week post interview. Advice to hiring manager, ditch the laptops during the interview process. It creates a barrier between your team and the candidate, making the interview impersonal. You can’t really get a feel for the candidate when you’re not even looking at them during the interview. Instead you are taking notes and sharing comments on each other’s screens. From my perspective, I found it unprofessional. An interview should be a mutual conversation. That’s the only way you will get a true feel for the candidate. Advice to your training team. Work on keeping your trainees engaged. I had the opportunity to witness a training in progress. 3 of 4 of the trainees were completely disengaged and they were the youngest members of the group. Not everyone learns the same so know your audience and make adjustments to keep everyone excited about what your teaching. I was shocked to find all four whom I interviewed with had been in their jobs less that 2 years. Be sure to ask about staff and management tenure when you interview for any job. It speaks volumes about a company. I knew within the first 5 minutes that this was not a good fit for me so I’m not disappointed. I need to be surrounded by a more dynamic, energetic and passionate team.

Interview Questions

• Would you say you are an ask for permission or beg for forgiveness person?   1 Answer
    • Did you ever have two team members who did not get along and if so, how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Novitex (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to schedule a phone interview with the acquisition manager. I scheduled it for a week after which I received the call and the interview lasted ten minutes which felt rushed after the expected salary did not match what they wanted to offer.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working with advanced technology?
      Are you comfortable working remotely?
      What is you salary expectation?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Novitex (Washington, DC) in August 2017.

Interview

I was contacted in july to complete a phone interview and was later selected to do a face to face interview which I thought went well two weeks went by and i was contacted by a recruiter for a second interview which I thought was great the person who interviewed me said she thought I would be a good fit for the position and even showed me around the office and looked forward to hearing from me guess she had a change of heart because today I received the rejection letter talk about a slap in the face but overall the interview questions weren't that hard not sure why I didn't get the job but was very thankful for the opportunity

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Novitex (Sacramento, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

apply and receive an email regarding a phone interview with in the first couple of hour of applying. Within the next couple of days got a phone call to come in for a face to face interview. Interview seems to went smooth and was offered the job on the spots.

Data Entry Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Novitex in August 2017.

Interview

After applying online, I received an email with a link to choose a phone interview time. It was an extremely brief phone interview. All they did was confirm my resume info and ask the standard "are you authorized to work in the US" questions. They were extremely pushy about the pay (it's low) and refused to continue with the interview process unless I agreed with $11.00 per hour right then and there. They promised $12.00 per hour after 90 days, but I'm experienced enough to know that's unlikely to happen. This isn't a position with career advancement potential and most people are overqualified. Don't be fooled - requiters for this type of position do their best to make you feel under qualified. It's the only way they can get people to agree to the low wages. It's a McDonald's type position - okay for a short term stint if that's what you're looking for.

Facilities Administration Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Novitex (Newark, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the Jr. Business Analyst position. I received a call two weeks later for a phone interview. Phone interview was a brief description of what the job entails and confirmation of what I should expect. At that time, the title has been changed. I was told this was a recruiting process where if a certain title is not generating in applicants, then a more favorable title is created. I am not sure why that is, given that the initial title was more favorable to me than the Facilities Administration Associate. I was told my resume will be pass onto the manager and if it was approved, I would be contact for an in-person interview. Two days later, I was contacted and an in-person interview was set.

I arrived onsite to my interview. I waited for almost 30 minutes. There was something wrong with their system and the front desk did not call for my interviewer. No fault on her end and she was very apologetic and made sure my interviewer knew that I arrived early and have been waiting.

At the time when I interviewed, the interviewer stated that he was not the one directly in charge of the title. Understandably, it was a job that was newly created and the job specification was not yet clear. He could not tell me much about the position or what was expected other than what he thinks the responsibilities may be.

Interview Questions

• Since the position was a newly created position with responsibilities not yet cleared; the interview questions mostly consisted of my work experience.   1 Answer

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novitex (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

The interview process was seamless. Asked basic question that relate to the position in which you applied. The interview was more of a conversation rather than a traditional one on one. The manager was more concern with seeing how I responded to various situation from a personal level.

Interview Questions

• What is one bad experience you had to deal with in customer service and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no flexibility with negotiating salary. This was the low point of the interviewing process. There was no real motivation on the company's part for me accept the position. If was not for the interviewer (manager) I would have walked away and rejected any further communication with the company.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Novitex (Franklin, TN) in May 2017.

Interview

The first stage was an over-the-phone recorded interview where you're asked five automated questions. The questions also appear on your computer screen so you can read along. It wasn't intimidating and the recording emphasized not worrying about making any mistakes when answering as they won't be held against you. A week later, I was emailed about a second interview. The second stage was an in-person interview that had to be conducted over the phone because the hiring manager was out-of-state. It was a really engaging interview that felt more like a friendly conversation and I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What's one difficulty you've had to overcome at your previous job and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Novitex (Redmond, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

hiring process was easy. very corporate questions, they follow a script and don't show much personality. They ask questions about how many email inboxes you have managed, your customer service experience and what your strengths are.

Interview Questions

• Experience on software (word, excel, PP, outlook)   1 Answer