Novo Nordisk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 6, 2017

3.1

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk (Greenville, SC) in August 2016.

Interview

First interview was standard hr screen. 2nd interview was skype (different locations) with the position supervisor, 3rd interview was travel to location to meet with the leadership team. Everything was very well organized and each person I dealt with was very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• standard interview questions. Nothing out of the ordinary was asked.   1 Answer

Executive Institutional Diabetes Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dothan, AL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk (Dothan, AL) in August 2016.

Interview

over all very good. It was an interview with Regional director and with all Regional directors at Novo Nordisk. Had to be approved by all directors.Really liked the way my district manager approached the process

SummerProgram Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plainsboro, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk (Plainsboro, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

Met with the head of the internship program who was professional and friendly. Direct interview that seemed to be formal, but turned into a pleasant and informal process for me. I met directly with the team that I would be working for. After my interview, the intern head gave me a quick tour and offered me the job! overall length, about and hour and a half

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter then did phone interview. Was brought in face to face with management and associate. STAR type questions were asked. They were very open and friendly.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plainsboro, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk (Plainsboro, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

There was only 2 rounds for this position, but I guess they like me that much. First, phone interview then, in Plainsboro, NJ. It was not that hard overall. Very behavioral based with very few technical questions. It was mostly about trying to get to know you.

Interview Questions

• - Why work at a healthcare company?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your science background. What is the most important or amazing topic you have learn? why?   Answer Question
    • Talk to me about any projects and tell me what did you learn from the process?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about us? What do we do? What are our products? Who is our market?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plainsboro, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk (Plainsboro, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process for me was easy and fast. I was contacted originally over the phone and then went to the office for an in person interview. Asked me questions relevant to what I would be doing.

Strategic Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainsboro, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk (Plainsboro, NJ).

Interview

The interview process was very detailed and well executed. Following a phone screening round with HR, there were 2 rounds of in-person interview across a period of 2 weeks. The first round was scheduled for 2 hours, which included interview questions from the team member (30 mins), hiring manager (1 hour) and HR (30 minutes). Second and final round of interview (2 hours, 30 minutes) was more deep-dive with the senior management and leadership within the department. I had to present a business case study with 20 minutes of presentation, followed by 10-15 minutes of Q & A. The next segment of the interview was scheduled for 30 minutes each with the senior leadership and vice president of the organization; final round was again with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Questions were around strategy, innovation, cross-team functionalities, behavioral attributes, analytic, pharmaceutical pricing insights and so on.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk (Seattle, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

I saw a job on internet job search board and send out my resume and cover letter. About 10 days later I got a phone call from their Talent Acquisition/Human Resources. We set up a time for quick screening call. The person I spoke was very friendly and spend more time talking than me and provided me lots of detials about the job and company. At the end I was told that I should expect phone call form the leading Scientist whiting a week.

Indeed, after a week or so I spoke with the "lead scientist" who didn't sound very enthusiastic as the first Talent Acquisition person I spoke. He asked me lots of questions (we spent 45min talking) - most were skill/science orientated and not so behavioral. From the tone and questions I felt like that they had already another candidate in mind and were simply looking for justification not to continue with me. For example, I was ask to share may grant writing experience which was somewhat odd because in the job description there was no expectation to write grants or do any of these academia type of tasks. Anyway, they provided me with time line for what and how things will happen for candidates that are selected for site interview and further processing.

I did not received any calls and emails at the time when they told me will be next round for the top candidates, so I figured that I am not top candidate in their eyes. Regardless, I shot couple of emails to the the "lead scientist" and Talent Acquisition person but they did not heard back from neither for 10+ days or more. Finally, the Talent Acquisition emailed me jus to notify me that they have chosen to proceed with another candidate, wished me good luck and so on. Never heard back from the "lead scientist" but I guess that is normal for sombody in such standing.

I like Novo and siince behind their products but I am not sure that their style of conducting business fits my personal traits or views. Overall, may be it was good for me that I did not get the job :)

Good luck to all candidates and good luck to Novo in their quests to find new treatments for patiens in need.

Interview Questions

• If you given freedom to pursue you own idea for drug R&D what will be your strategy?
      What is you grant writing experience so far?
      Do you use ready kits/SOP or design your own protocols/SOPs?
      Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plainsboro, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk (Plainsboro, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

HR Phone screening, Skype Interview, Drug Test- Questions weren't very tough, but would suggest to definitely understand the products and the mission. The process took about 2 months total, and you'd have a chance to meet (in person or on Skype) your hiring manager

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions related to experience and interest in the position   1 Answer

Facilities Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk (Worcester, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

Talked to HR at the Career Fair and was in contact for a week. Then I was asked for a phone interview with the hiring manager and HR. Phone interview was 30 minutes. Got the offer a week later.