Novo Nordisk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 21, 2017

3.1

Strategic Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainsboro, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk (Plainsboro, NJ).

Interview

The interview process was very detailed and well executed. Following a phone screening round with HR, there were 2 rounds of in-person interview across a period of 2 weeks. The first round was scheduled for 2 hours, which included interview questions from the team member (30 mins), hiring manager (1 hour) and HR (30 minutes). Second and final round of interview (2 hours, 30 minutes) was more deep-dive with the senior management and leadership within the department. I had to present a business case study with 20 minutes of presentation, followed by 10-15 minutes of Q & A. The next segment of the interview was scheduled for 30 minutes each with the senior leadership and vice president of the organization; final round was again with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Questions were around strategy, innovation, cross-team functionalities, behavioral attributes, analytic, pharmaceutical pricing insights and so on.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk (Seattle, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

I saw a job on internet job search board and send out my resume and cover letter. About 10 days later I got a phone call from their Talent Acquisition/Human Resources. We set up a time for quick screening call. The person I spoke was very friendly and spend more time talking than me and provided me lots of detials about the job and company. At the end I was told that I should expect phone call form the leading Scientist whiting a week.

Indeed, after a week or so I spoke with the "lead scientist" who didn't sound very enthusiastic as the first Talent Acquisition person I spoke. He asked me lots of questions (we spent 45min talking) - most were skill/science orientated and not so behavioral. From the tone and questions I felt like that they had already another candidate in mind and were simply looking for justification not to continue with me. For example, I was ask to share may grant writing experience which was somewhat odd because in the job description there was no expectation to write grants or do any of these academia type of tasks. Anyway, they provided me with time line for what and how things will happen for candidates that are selected for site interview and further processing.

I did not received any calls and emails at the time when they told me will be next round for the top candidates, so I figured that I am not top candidate in their eyes. Regardless, I shot couple of emails to the the "lead scientist" and Talent Acquisition person but they did not heard back from neither for 10+ days or more. Finally, the Talent Acquisition emailed me jus to notify me that they have chosen to proceed with another candidate, wished me good luck and so on. Never heard back from the "lead scientist" but I guess that is normal for sombody in such standing.

I like Novo and siince behind their products but I am not sure that their style of conducting business fits my personal traits or views. Overall, may be it was good for me that I did not get the job :)

Good luck to all candidates and good luck to Novo in their quests to find new treatments for patiens in need.

Interview Questions

• If you given freedom to pursue you own idea for drug R&D what will be your strategy?
      What is you grant writing experience so far?
      Do you use ready kits/SOP or design your own protocols/SOPs?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plainsboro, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk (Plainsboro, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

HR Phone screening, Skype Interview, Drug Test- Questions weren't very tough, but would suggest to definitely understand the products and the mission. The process took about 2 months total, and you'd have a chance to meet (in person or on Skype) your hiring manager

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions related to experience and interest in the position   1 Answer

Facilities Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk (Worcester, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

Talked to HR at the Career Fair and was in contact for a week. Then I was asked for a phone interview with the hiring manager and HR. Phone interview was 30 minutes. Got the offer a week later.

Diabetes Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

Very disorganized. Several calls from the recruiters who could not figure out the correct position I was applying for. Had to tell recruiter what I was applying for. Once the date was scheduled the rest of the f2f was a very easy process.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions. Very easy interview. No surprises.Tell me about a time.....
      Why should we hire you? Give me an example of a time you did not get along with a teammate.
      What is your strongest asset? What is your weakest asset? What do you know about diabetes?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was rushed to make a decision the day the offer was made. There was no wiggle room to think about it.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Typical processing: phone screening and on-site interview.

After phone screening, I was invited for an on-site interview. It was 7hr face-to-face. All questions were behavioral questions (aka STAR), including 30 min short presentation. Having lunch with two associates was also a part of the interview. The STAR interview became popular, so that nothing was unexpected as you (or I) prepared for it. That's my two cents.

Interview Questions

• positive/negative experience with coworkers. experience in initializing research projects, most and least favorites in current work/role, why Novo, experience in overcoming any obstacles in research/work. etc.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plainsboro, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk (Plainsboro, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

Initial interview was a 30 minute phone interview which included basic questions. Second interview was 1:1 interview with HR Manager, Hiring Manager, and Associate Director.Thirfd interview was 1:1 interview with Hiring manager, Associate manager, Director, and VP of the Department. Overall all of the interviews were laid back, felt very comfortable and everyone was extremely friendly.

Interview Questions

• STAR Format questions (majority of the questions were situational questions)
      Salary expectations
      What do you know about Novo Nordisk?
      Weakness/Strengths
      What can you bring to Novo Nordisk?
      Why do you think you are a good fit?   Answer Question

Educator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk in September 2015.

Interview

Very nice environment. Felt comfortable
    Everyone was extremely nice. Expect to answer in star format and expect them to ask you to do that.. It's no joke! I was worried/nervous beforehand but they make you feel totally at ease

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't

Process Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clayton, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk (Clayton, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by 7 employees, all at one time. Very rigid but organized atmosphere. Didn't feel as if I was comfortable enough to relax and shine during the interview. I was told I would be notified either way but as of today I still have not heard anything.
    Benefits were above average but the position was 12 hours nights.

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plainsboro, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk (Plainsboro, NJ).

Interview

Step:1 Initial phone screening with HR
    Step2: HR scheduled round one interview
    Step3: invited for round3/4 combined
    Step4: waiting game as preference is always given to an internal candidate and because I was not an internal candidate I was on the back burner.
    After almost 3 weeks I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions. Innovation, how did you take criticism from superior, where do you see yourself 5 years from now , your 90 day plan.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary offer is made based on experience and they offered me a lot more than what I had asked.