Novo Nordisk Pharmaceutical Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Novo Nordisk Pharmaceutical Industries Interview Questions

Updated Nov 6, 2016

2.9

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk Pharmaceutical Industries.

Interview

1:1 behavioral interviewing with various interviewers who have pre-assigned questions to ask you from H.R. They take prolific notes as you provide answers so that when the panel discusses the candidate they have details on your answers. The panel will compare answers to see if you answer consistently. Afterwords the panel convenes and discusses pros and cons of candidate. Interview can last 4 hours. 1:1 discussions are first followed by you providing a presentation to the panel. You will be escorted throughout the building and will see other candidates applying for the same position.

Interview Questions

• "tell me about a time when...", "what has been your greatest challenge in a job and how did you overcome?", "tell me about a time when you did not agree with your management direction for you and what did you do about it?"   Answer Question

Director Sales Execution Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainsboro, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk Pharmaceutical Industries (Plainsboro, NJ).

Interview

Initial phone screen with Recruiter. Within a week, invite for in-person interview.
    45 minute sessions with 5 interviewers (HR and Business), plus a presentation based on personal experiences. Quite informal, but each had a check off sheet of STAR questions. Each person came prepared, with a knowledge of me from my resume.
    Heard back within 3 weeks (standard email) and with reason that they went with internal person.
    Overall a positive experience. Good company.

Interview Questions

• How have you directly impacted sales? Plus typical generic STAR questions.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Process Technician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clayton, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk Pharmaceutical Industries (Clayton, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

After completing the online application, I received an email from the Talent Acquisition. A very positive phone interview was scheduled that day and conducted the following morning. I was asked a few simple questions such as; what type of machines have I operated? Where I have worked in the past and what I did there, and if I was okay with night shift.

I was also explained some details of the job and then a face to face interview was set up Monday of the following week.

At the interview, I was greeted by the Talent Acquisition and a production manager. Both individuals were nice and made me feel comfortable. They introduced and explain a lot about themselves, and I did the same.

They proceeded to conduct a STAR interview with basic questions and after that, explained the job in more detail. I asked a few more questions and then the interview was over. The interview was about 30-45 mins. I was told they had a few more interviews and then they will make offers.

I waited until Thursday to contact the Talent Acquisition for a follow up email. Friday morning, an offer for employment was made and I gladly accepted.

Interview Questions

• What is something your supervisor would say that you can improve?   Answer Question
    • What would be some good things your supervisor would say about you?   Answer Question
    • What is one time you had to make an ethical decision and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where you had to follow an SOP   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you had to learn something new and how did you go about learning it   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations for the entry level job, but the pay is above what I expected. I am satisfied.

District Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk Pharmaceutical Industries (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Formalized process with several STAR questions; Typically 1:1 or 1:2 with Regional Directors from the same sales area and division. Fair and balanced process that allows candidates to showcase experience.

Business Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk Pharmaceutical Industries (Raleigh, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

This was an interview blitz--i.e. many interviews over the course of two days--designed to fill several positions at once for the new manufacturing facility in Clayton, NC. I was asked to be there on the last half of the second day. I arrived at 12:30 pm and was given an interview schedule that consisted of meeting with three separate individuals at three separate times. There were, from what I could tell, only three other people interviewing on the same afternoon; however, the interviews were staggered such that I was no finished until 5:30 pm.

The company provided wifi, a dedicated conference room for waiting, and a lovely lunch buffet for us, so the down time between meetings was not awful. I still don't understand why they chose separate interviews over a panel interview, but I'm not complaining about that too much, as it's certainly less nerve-wracking speaking to one person versus a room of people.

Interview Questions

• They mainly used the STAR method of interviewing (Siuation, Target, Action, Result). An example question would be, "Tell me about a time you faced an ethical dilemma and what you did about it." These questions are scored, so not answering at all is not advisable. Fortunately, most large corporations use this interview method and you can find helpful study guides online to practice with ahead of time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was pleased with the initial offer and didn't negotiate on salary.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clayton, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk Pharmaceutical Industries (Clayton, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

Three-day process. Interviewing with the hiring manager, HR, a team interview and final interview with the director of the unit. Be prepared to answer the "Tell me about yourself" question. Be on time. Time management is very important to this company. Please remember to relax and put your best foot forward. Remember that you made it to the interview and only you can give the a reason "not" to hire you. Be open and honest. The building seems to be a truth serum, don't miss lead or over amplify your abilities, be honest.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult part of project management. How do you handle communication within the project. How do you handle team members that do not want to participate.   Answer Question

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk Pharmaceutical Industries in March 2014.

Interview

2 remote interviews (1) with Hiring manager, (1) 3 weeks later with Regional Manager , informal per manager.
    The interviews were friendly, professional however follow up was non-existent. After the regional manager interview the face to face was to be 2 & 3 weeks later and to expect a call for scheduling. No contact information was provided. The HR contacts had # with no voicemails and lines that were never answered. No calls were ever received. After finally reaching someone several weeks later. I was told the position had been filled by a contractor. A template rejection email was sent to me 6 weeks later.

Diabetes Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk Pharmaceutical Industries in December 2013.

Interview

I applied online, then a few weeks after received a callback. The initial interview was over the phone and was your basic HR screening process. About a week after, I was invited back to another interview where I met with the Hiring Manager, Regional Manager and someone who works in HR.

Interview Questions

• They were all basic questions, asked about 3 strengths/weakness, tell me about a time you faced adversity and how did you overcome that, tell me a time you had to convince your group. These questions were all required to be answered in the STAR format. I also had to role play and sell hand-sanitizer.   Answer Question

Warehouse Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clayton, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk Pharmaceutical Industries (Clayton, NC) in November 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very good and encouraging. The HR representatives they have in place are very professional and friendly. It feel exactly how an interview should feel, instead of an interrogation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Although I didn't you have space to negotiate if you have experience.

Maintenance Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clayton, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk Pharmaceutical Industries (Clayton, NC) in January 2012.

Interview

General, fairly easy technical questions. Manager and a supervisor. Followed up with plant tour. No testing. Questions about experience. All in all a pretty easy interview. They're really not good at hiring technical help.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negation phase.