Novogradac & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Novogradac & Company Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2017

2.7

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Novogradac & Company.

Interview

3 interviews and small oral quiz on basic accounting. You will be asked about previous jobs experiences and why you want to work at Novo. Know about the company and be prepared to ask good questions at the end of the interview. Overall good interview process.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Novogradac & Company (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The hiring process took about a month. I applied online and received a call from the internal recruiter 2 days later. After have a short conversation, I received an opportunity to go in for an interview. When I got there, I was actually expecting an assessment test to judge your knowledge in accounting, but apparently they stopped issuing those recently. So for the panel interview, I was initially greeted by a staff accountant, who I had a short conversation with about my background (They do not make the decision to hire you, they are just there to greet and walk you out after the interview). After that, I met with a manager and supervisor. It did not really feel like an interview because it felt more of a friendly conversation. They were really down to earth and really wanted to get to know you and tell you more about the firm. After that, I met with another manager, a senior associate, and a higher level staff accountant. Overall, they just want to see if you are a good fit for their team, and the company. After all that is done and over with, the staff accountant I met with earlier showed me around the building and walked me out. Prior to the interview, I was given a call a week later that I had received the offer!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why Accounting?
      How did you hear about Novogradac?
      How do you overcome stress?
      What are your hobbies outside of work?
      Tell me about a problem you faced, and how you dealt with it?
      What is your 5 year plan?
      Are you willing to work long hours?

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Novogradac & Company.

Interview

Three 30 minute interviews back to back. The interviews were quite conversational with a few behavioral questions, a few simple technical questions, and a few questions on your resume.
    Have a list of scenarios for behavioral questions. Know your resume. Ask good questions that you genuinely want to have answered and not just cookie cutter questions from the internet.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your biggest failure.
      What was your favorite and least favorite class?
      Tell me about a time you showed leadership.
      Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult teammate.
      What is the difference between balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows?
      What is depreciation and how would we record it?

Staff Accountant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Novogradac & Company (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

First round was a phone screen, took less than 5 min. Recruiter asks you introduce yourself and talk about your experience, what you like to do. 2nd round was an on-site interview. First 15 mins is just greet and you meet a staff accountant who answers your questions and tells you about the company. Very friendly and chill. Then you proceed to have two 30 min block interviews with 2 different Senior Staff Accountants. They just ask basic stuff about resume, why their company, and why accounting. Last 15 min, you just meet the first staff accountant who shows you around and walks you out.

So, the Recruiter never responds to me after she promises to send me the contact info for my interviewers. I email her twice, still no response. They finally send me the contact info for them after my rejection letter....

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novogradac & Company (Alpharetta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process took two weeks. Spoke with the principles at the career fair and got invited to a final round of interview at the office. The first interview was with a manager and second interview with a staff. The second part of the interview asked strictly technical questions. Tax deductions/exemptions, journal entries, excel, and could less about what personality you have. They asked questions like "are you willing to work more than 65 hours a week". They had 20% retention rate from last year's interns, no thanks. At that point, I stopped answering questions and wanted to get out of the office asap!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novogradac & Company (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was last for one and half hour. Totally 3 round, kind of casual, First round just one of their employee, get you familiar with the company. Then meet 4 member of department, two by two. Ask some basic question. no technical question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Novogradac & Company (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I talked with the recruiter at school job fair and applied online afterwards. One or two days I got the phone call from the recruiter and had the onsite interview(San Francisco office) in Sep. 2015. There were two round back to back interview and two interviewers for each round(senior&manager). Just went over the resume and simple conversation. The people there were every nice. I got the offer in the afternoon, but I had to decline unwillingly for personal reason.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Novogradac & Company (Boston, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied this position on my school's career service website. I got an email from its manager and said he wants to set up an interview at Boston office. Six employees interviewed me which broke down to three round.

Interview Questions

• What do you choose this company?
      How do you handle deadline?
      What was the most difficult challenge which you have faced?
      What do you do for fun?
      What is your favorite accounting class?
      Accounting Questions:
      What does GAAP stand for?
      What is the difference between accounting and auditing?
      How do you explain depreciation?

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Novogradac & Company.

Interview

First round was a phone interview with the manager about 30 minutes. Easy and just basic resume questions. Second interview was with three staff accountant, each about 30 mins. Before the interview, there was a test on basic accounting knowledge (depreciation/amortization, etc.) and excel formatting. The questions were quite random based on the person you would be talking to. Most questions were based on your resume. Not a lot behavior questions.

Interview Interview

Interview

Had a phone interview asking me about the company and why i was interested in it. Office visit for round 2 next week. The phone interview was very chill and nice.