Novotus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Novotus (Austin, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and set up a call to talk with the recruiter about his client. He interviewed me telling me how happy he was that I had such a great background that was so relevant to what he needed.
    I then had to follow up multiple times on a biweekly basis before I even got a reply. I then never heard back.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that is specific to this industry?   Answer Question

ROA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Novotus (Austin, TX).

Interview

I had 3 interviews and took a test. I was left hanging and my e mails went unanswered. I finally decided i would call only to be told my position went internal and that there was another position available a Junior Recruiter . She told me I had to call her back and remind her to send me information because she had no idea what a Junior Recruiter does!!! Very Unprofessional

Interview Questions

• What chance did an old boss take and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Novotus (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted on LinkedIn by a recruiter for a position. We had an initial phone interview that was brief and introductory. We set up a date and time for a more formal interview. The interview seemed to go well, but at some point the phone cut off. I immediately called the recruiter back but she did not answer, so I left a message. She never returned my phone call, and subsequent calls and emails were not returned.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Novotus.

Interview

I applied online for a position in Novotus' Houston office. Then I was subsequently e-mailed by a Recruiter.

The Recruiter's secretary scheduled our telephone interview for 1:00.

The Recruiter was 15 minutes late to the interview (Strike 1).

Be that as it may...

There were no real questions during the initial screening process as the Recruiter was very unprofessional and ill prepared.

With that said...

She asked me the basic introductory questions in pertinence to my last job, what I had done, and etc.

Then, completely out of left field, she proceeded to tell me how completely under-qualified I was for the opening at hand (she told me that she needed someone who had experience recruiting welders...Again, my resume told her my experience. Furthermore, the job add said absolutely nothing about that. As a matter of fact it stated explicitly that Novotus was seeking ALL LEVELS OF RECRUITERS for several openings in Houston. Since I've been Recruiting for the last 5 years I thought I was qualified, hence the reason I submitted an application).

If I was so woefully under qualified then why did she even reach out to me for the interview?

Then, very unprofessionally (which was a theme with her), she laughed about how her hiring manager would shoot her down if she submitted my resume for this position.

I thought to myself, "I will never work for Novotus Houston, ever."

If this is the type of "Recruiter" that the Houston office has on it's team then I'll go find another RPO. I could not deal with this type of person everyday. So I feel fortunate that this did not go past the telephone interview stage.

The interview was horrible and it left me with a very bad impression of the company.

Recruiter Interview

Interview

It is a very lengthy process. Met with 8 different people. The last being the CEO. Everyone has their own competency that they need to see if you have. The big thing that they look for is whether or not you will fit into their culture, which of course is a good ole boy network.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Novotus in June 2014.

Interview

I was contacted a couple days after submitting my application by email to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and covered all the basics of my background, the position and Novotus. There weren't any hardball questions. At the end of the interview the recruiter gave me some feedback about my resume and made a few suggestions for me to implement before she sent it to the hiring manager. I edited my resume as instructed and she was very pleased with the updates. She told me that she would get back to me the following week and on that Monday she promptly got back to me to inform me that the hiring manager was moving forward with other candidates. Overall it was a fairly positive experience and the recruiter was very kind.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Novotus (Austin, TX).

Interview

4-5 Interviews - detailed 1 hour with behavioral interview questions

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Novotus in August 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with the manager by phone, they were overall nice. The manager asked me what some of my accomplishments were at my previous company. She also asked me what I disliked about my previous job. The manager also asked me how long I was at my previous company and how I work on a team. She asked me what I knew about their company. I also asked them a few questions.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Novotus (San Diego, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

I was approached by email for a phone interview, which lasted about 30 mins.
    I was asked to talk about my most relevant projects, but unfortunately the interviewer did not have any technical background to understand what I am referring to.

Interview Questions

• Could you please describe what you would consider as a failure in your work?   Answer Question

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novotus (Austin, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

the interview process was long with a total of 6 interviewers for which 3 were late and needed to be rescheduled while onsite, so the interview was expected to be 3 hours long, but turned into 5 hours with no water or concern. I was left alone for long periods of time while schedules were rearranged. The arrogance and self loathing were very alarming as the interviews were more about the interviewer and the contribution rather than the need and my skills / desires. I left the interview with great positive feedback, but after reflecting on the environment and the arrogance of the leadership I refused to move forward. This is an environment of unprofessional and shady character judging from the comments of the leadership.

Interview Questions

• Would my wife be ok with all the partying   1 Answer