Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 7, 2017

2.3

Screening Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services (Houston, TX).

Interview

Supervisors telling me and warning me to stay to myself because the place was messy and underhanded! I should have known if management was warning me at interview, I should have left!

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work there   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

With hindsight I should have recognized the lack of any software development experience would have caused future issues. Director discussed culture and opportunities as a way to avoid showing his lack of software experience.

Interview Questions

• How far away do you live? Is it an acceptable commute?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services (Houston, TX).

Interview

I got an email to schedule an interview which i had over the phone for about 45-mins.
    I was then told to wait to hear back once i finish an online survey.
    Its almost 2 weeks now, without any decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you showed leadership   Answer Question
    • Describe your project management experience as it it relates to Clinical research   Answer Question

Data Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

I was given an initial phone screening by a member of HR. Mostly asking more detailed questions about my resume, my experience, and my goals in finding a new employer, no technical questions. I was asked what I was paid currently, and gave an honest answer with the disclaimer that compensation was the major reason I was searching for new work. The HR representative seemed unhappy by this and said they were looking to fill the position at a rate of about 5% higher, but I didn't push it assuming there would be room to negotiate, and they didn't ask if I would be interested in that rate. I had an in-person interview with the hiring manager and his manager, both interviews were friendly and laid back. The company culture seemed relaxed and family oriented, and the company seemed to prefer promoting from within over hiring from the outside. The technical questions were extremely easy, more focus was put on my short and mid-term career goals and personality. Frankly I did not get the feeling they wanted very ambitious people who would leave soon after being hired. I was given two copies of a printed out spreadsheet and a calculator and asked to mark any errors on the copied one. All of the errors were typeo's or very simple, like the =SUM() value being wrong. After this I was given the details on PTO, benefits, etc. for the position, and I left. I was offered the position at the rate mentioned in the initial phone screening, and asked if there was room for a large (~15%) increase over the initial offer. I got a hard reply that there was room for absolutely no negotiation, and overall they seemed offended that I had not declined the interview after the initially low offer in the phone screening and had wasted their time. Also for reference, the offered salary was 36% below the market median for the city according to GlassDoor.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your career going in the next 5 years?   Answer Question

I wasn't thrilled with the job, it involved a lot of data entry, but the main reason for refusal was the salary offered was very low, and the benefits weren't great.

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services in May 2016.

Interview

I was immediately contacted for an initial interview. The same day I was contacted again for a second interview which never happened, I have been waiting for almost 3 weeks for to have this second interview. I had to do an assessment quiz and personality quiz online.

Document Control Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with two managers in the department. Basic questions, didn't venture off of the resume much. Interview was at 930 in the morning which was extremely inconvenient with my current job

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

It was pretty typical, nothing was really done or asked of me I'd not been has before at other places. The interview involved going to their HR building and meeting with the HR interviewer. If that goes well, the next interview was with the supervisor of the department for the position. Somewhere between that and being hired, a drug test is required, and then, assuming they chose the applicant, the job began.

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services in August 2015.

Interview

Worst interview process and experience with the company! Interview process took over a month. After receiving the first email from the benefits manager to complete some questionaries and remote survey request, she scheduled me for the first phone interview with her 2 weeks later. After the first interview, she scheduled me for two more interviews with a senior manager and CRA manager, which were a week apart. Thereafter, I was told to complete a test questionnaire packet, application and background check authorization. As soon as that was completed and send back, they contacted my references. Thinking this should complete the whole interview process, unfortunately it did not. I was scheduled for one last interview with the VP of clinical trials. At the end of this interview, I was told that they should be making their decision by the end of the week. Since I didn't receive an email or a call by then, I emailed the benefits manager over that weekend on my status update. She responded though email to tell me that I did not get the position. The whole communication process was done through email and they couldn't even properly call to inform that part. Thinking I would probably get this position, I did not apply anywhere else over the time of this interview process. I would definitely not recommend anyone to interview with this company or make sure you are still actively looking for other job elsewhere during this interview process. Waste of time interviewing with them!!!!

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a process by explaining from start to finish. Any process.   1 Answer

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2015.

Interview

had to do an online questioner first that was sent by email, then she emailed me a Personality quiz, then i was qualified for a phone interview that was scheduled with another lady.

Interview Questions

• she thoroughly went through my resume with me   1 Answer

Entry Level CRA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Initial interest and consideration is done all via email communication. From the moment the HR recruiter considered my resume and application, I not once heard from her personally over the phone. The initial process feels really disconnected making you feel if Novum is even actually interested in you or are they just passing the time and randomly interviewing people for the fun of it. Ultimately they make you feel like you wasted your time.

Interview Questions

• Everything seemed as if it was going great then came the annoying personality survey.   1 Answer