NuVasive Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 3, 2016

3.5

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NuVasive (San Diego, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

First ph interview with recruiter and then followed by technical interview with HR, then finally on site interview which lasted for 4+ hrs. They try to screen and pick the best candidate, so they conduct many interviews. The interview was hectic since it was more than 4hrs but it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell about your past experience, how do you think you will be a perfect fit for this position, etc   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NuVasive

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NuVasive (San Diego, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

Initial communication was with HR. After talking to HR rep. She talked to the hiring manager, who then asked to schedule a phone interview. It took two more weeks before I had the phone interview with the hiring manager. He asked if I would come in for an interview and HR would contact me to schedule. Another two weeks passed and I heard from a different HR rep. who setup the interview.
    The first interview occurred two weeks after the phone interview. It consisted of 45 min interview with 4 people from the hiring manager to directors. I thought it went well and so did they because they asked me to return the following day for the 2nd interview. That interview was with the VP and two Engineering managers. I believe that interview went well too. I heard back from HR about a week later and they wanted to know how I thought the interview went. I told her I thought it went well, what do you think? She said they were impressed and then the icing on the cake came. I interviewed for a full-time position, and she then asked what do I think about a contract position? This confused me because everyone I interviewed with said they wanted a full time person, not contract because the last person holding the position was contract and it didn't work out. I told the HR rep that I preferred full time, but that contract would be OK. She then suggested an hourly rate that was low, especially if I have to pay for my own health care, days off, vac, holidays, and not to mention contributions to 401K. She said that she would talk to the hiring manager. A few days goes by and its the same conversation. They were not willing to budge on the hourly rate. She said she would talk to the hiring manager again and call me back the same day. Well there was no call that day and the following day she did call late in the afternoon, and on my home line even though I asked her to call the cell number. I finally did reach her after the weekend and was told that they could not meet my request of a higher hourly rate and that the job description has changed so I probably wouldn't be interested any more. So bottom line is there was never an offer made since the hourly rate was too low to even consider. This entire interview process took about 7 weeks and cost me a trip because I rescheduled it to do the 2nd interview. I guess all I can say is lessoned learned.

Interview Questions

• What were some obstacles that may have delayed a project? What did you do to rectify the situation?   Answer Question