NuVasive Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

NuVasive Interview Questions in San Diego, CA

Updated Nov 19, 2017

43 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NuVasive (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Phone screen, followed by a phone interview. After that, I received a design challenge to complete. After turning that in a week later, scheduled a full day of in-person interviews at the office. One-on-one interviews with development managers from all departments. 1 hour with primary hiring manager, 45 minutes with everyone else, including 45 minute lunch with a potential coworker on the team I was hiring for. Primarily technical questions, but cultural fit considered important, so many questions to determine that as well.

Interview Questions

• Concerning design challenge, walkthrough your process. Why make the choices you did? What are your concerns? How would you manufacture it? How do you expect it to fail?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NuVasive (San Diego, CA).

Interview

HR phone screen, Design Challenge, Manager Interview, On site all day interview. It was long and drawn out. You should be incredibly well versed on the company's product portfolio. Design challenge is a great idea and most who do well really enjoy it.

Interview Questions

• What was your least favorite project you worked on? How organized are you? What do you like to do on the weekends?   Answer Question

Front End Developer/Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at NuVasive (San Diego, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

The interviews themselves went well and I left feeling confident after receiving good feedback.
    The process took much longer than I believed it should have with week long gaps between communications. I had to initiate contact to get any information on next steps after being giving dates they would be getting back to me. Overall it was a very negative experience.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a time where you had a difficult manager/client?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NuVasive (San Diego, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Short phone interview with HR, followed by a design challenge, then 1 hour phone interview with two engineers. After passing that, there is an onsite interview with about 8 people, lasting about 6 hours.

Developmental Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NuVasive (San Diego, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

NuVasive's Developmental Engineer interview has 4 stages: phone call with recruiter, design challenge, phone call with manager, and then on-site interviews. Interviews and the design challenge went smoothly, and I received interview feedback and updates pretty quickly. Due to the long interview process, I was pretty stressed out, but in retrospect, I am glad I did my best and was offered a position!

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

Extremely efficient. Friendly staff the moment you walk in any door. Both the HR department and the coordinator of all (4) of my interviews are on top of their game. Actively kept me in the loop the entire time.

Demand Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NuVasive (San Diego, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Overall I had a great experience at NuVasive. Everybody was friendly and respectful of my time. It seemed the employees I spoke with were well informed and were able to answer my questions about the company and the open position. Ahead of time, I was well informed about what to expect during my interviews.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the table that other candidates may not?   Answer Question
    • How do your forecasting skills relate to what were are trying to do here at NuVasive?   Answer Question
    • If you had a choice would you rather work in a team environment or independent?   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NuVasive (San Diego, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with approximately 9 people; two onsite interviews with few people and all others over phone. Everyone was very pleasant and professional. I applied mid June and was hired in August.

Legal Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NuVasive (San Diego, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I did an initial phone interview with a member of the talent acquisition team. A few weeks later I came onsite for a series of 5 interviews with a variety of people, including three members of the team I would be joining, a senior member of the HR department, and someone from another department with which the person in my position would be working closely. I came back about a month later for another set of onsite interviews, this time with the leader of my department and another member of the team. I received an offer about a month later. The type of interviews varied from conversational to more serious, but all had a friendly tone.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NuVasive (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I got contacted by a recruiter right away after I submitted my application online (3 days after). The recruiter emailed me asking when I was available for a phone interview and I gave my times but they didn't get back to me at first. I thought it was strange that they weren't on top of their emailing so I reached out to them again as a reminder. They responded with the same question essentially: what times are you available. No apology for not reading the email or getting back to me on time so that was a bit annoying. Anyways once I finally got the call the recruiter sounded very unenthusiastic. It was like they hated their job or something, very monotone and never seemed excited or laughed. Anyways I felt like I always had to defend my answers or explain my job, I dont think they were very knowledgeable at all about what the job entailed. Regardless I got passed on to the hiring manager. It was kind of inconvenient that they couldn't schedule a time to speak. They just called whenever it was convenient for them so there was a bit of phone tag going on. They also didn't ask too many questions about the position itself, it was very brief and generic rather than really digging into deeper layers of questions about my skills and qualifications. Lastly the group interview went alright. I felt like overall the energy was pretty low, maybe morale was low? Everyone seemed pretty serious except for two people. Even when given a tour of the place, I found it rather odd that it seemed kind of empty. Anyways I was bummed at first that I didn't get an offer but hindsight 20/20, I'm kind of glad I didn't. It wouldn't have been a great culture fit. I recommend having more excitement and energy when interviewing candidates in order to attract top talent to the company.