NuVasive Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

Updated May 4, 2017

2.9

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NuVasive (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I got contacted by a recruiter right away after I submitted my application online (3 days after). The recruiter emailed me asking when I was available for a phone interview and I gave my times but they didn't get back to me at first. I thought it was strange that they weren't on top of their emailing so I reached out to them again as a reminder. They responded with the same question essentially: what times are you available. No apology for not reading the email or getting back to me on time so that was a bit annoying. Anyways once I finally got the call the recruiter sounded very unenthusiastic. It was like they hated their job or something, very monotone and never seemed excited or laughed. Anyways I felt like I always had to defend my answers or explain my job, I dont think they were very knowledgeable at all about what the job entailed. Regardless I got passed on to the hiring manager. It was kind of inconvenient that they couldn't schedule a time to speak. They just called whenever it was convenient for them so there was a bit of phone tag going on. They also didn't ask too many questions about the position itself, it was very brief and generic rather than really digging into deeper layers of questions about my skills and qualifications. Lastly the group interview went alright. I felt like overall the energy was pretty low, maybe morale was low? Everyone seemed pretty serious except for two people. Even when given a tour of the place, I found it rather odd that it seemed kind of empty. Anyways I was bummed at first that I didn't get an offer but hindsight 20/20, I'm kind of glad I didn't. It wouldn't have been a great culture fit. I recommend having more excitement and energy when interviewing candidates in order to attract top talent to the company.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NuVasive (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I appreciated that most of the interviews were around 30 minutes and the interviewers were prepared with varied questions. Often times when you interview with a large group of people, they ask the same questions. I also felt that my interviewers had a genuine interest in my career and my processes, but they also really wanted me to get to know them. This gave me great perspective on the company culture.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a hiring manager with a difficult personality?   1 Answer

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NuVasive (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was asked for more information about my Engineering background and focus. My CAD experiences were discussed and the ability to learn biomedical CAD software. More details on my duties and responsibilities at former job were discussed with regards to electronics systems.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NuVasive (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

WARNING: If you value your time and expect to interact with professionals, don't bother with this company.

The recruiting group is atrocious! Massively disorganized and misleading. I applied online to a position within a week of the job being posted. I was contacted for a phone screening and was told that my resume was being added to move forward. A few days later I received an email from another recruiter telling me that there were already two candidate in the "final stages" and that I would be contacted if they needed to expand their search. I completely understood - sometimes you find the right candidates and move quickly....however...

A few weeks later, the same job with a different job title but exact job description (but still referencing the original job title) was posted. I applied online and sent an email to recruiter to see if they were looking to fill the same role or a similar one. Within an hour, the job posting was removed and my status within their candidate tracking system was removed. The posting was also shut down on the various job board sites. Its been several weeks and I have yet to hear back from either of the recruiters.

This is my second negative interview process with this company. The other one was also plagued with a lack of communication and accurate information - and both times the recruiter initiated contact! For a company that prides itself on speed and responsiveness, these interactions have left a sour taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions

• What are three things a former boss would say about you?   Answer Question

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at NuVasive (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Took about 3 and half weeks. Had a phone screening with hr, a phone interview with hiring manager, and then an in person hour and half interview with hiring manager and directer. Standard interview. Getting the offer was the longest part took an entire week from when it was promised to actually receiving offer. This probably had to do with it being so close to end of year and holidays.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through you work history   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at NuVasive (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone screen, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager, then a 5-hour interview onsite. After the interview I was walked out by one of the people that interviewed me -- but never heard from the recruiter again. In fact, I didn't receive any indication that the job was filled (which it was). I think this is disrespectful to an applicant that spent 5+ hours at Nuvasive. The courtesy of an email or phone call would have been appreciated.

Interview Questions

• How did I feel about working long hours for extended periods of time?   Answer Question

Electronics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NuVasive (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

First the recruiter reached out and scheduled for a phone screen/interview. Then about one week after it's the first round of on-site interview with the immediate hiring group. Then one week after there goes the second round. Second round was with members from cross-functional teams.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at NuVasive (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward, but unique and dynamic. I had a phone interview/initial screening, followed by another phone interview with the hiring manager. After passing that interview, I was brought in house to conduct two in person interviews. I met with a couple of different people each time, business leads that I would be working with cross functionally. It made a lot of sense to me that I would be interviewing with people that I would working with in the future. Lastly, I had to prepare and give a presentation to my entire potential future team. I presented on a clinical article that was about the procedure I would eventually be representing.

Interview Questions

• Why Nuvasive VS any other spine company?   1 Answer

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NuVasive (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was well planned and focused. I met with everyone I would work with. It was a great process and at the end I felt like I could make a good decision.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NuVasive (San Diego, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

First ph interview with recruiter and then followed by technical interview with HR, then finally on site interview which lasted for 4+ hrs. They try to screen and pick the best candidate, so they conduct many interviews. The interview was hectic since it was more than 4hrs but it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell about your past experience, how do you think you will be a perfect fit for this position, etc   Answer Question