Nuance Interview Questions in Burlington, MA | Glassdoor

2.8

40 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nuance (Burlington, MA) in December 2017.

Interview

One round of telephonic followed by onsite interview at Burlington Office.
    First round was about 30 minutes.

Onsite Interview Process:
    Five Rounds on site with five different people from the same team(each 45 minutes).
    Round 1: About past experience and about the team and tech stack.
    Round 2: Java questions followed by Basic Algorithm question.
    Round 3: SQL -- Design, Mappings and basic Queries, Followed by basic Algorithm reverse a string.
    Round 4: Technical -- All Core Java
    Round 5: Product Director/ All HR Style and Product Management Question

Interview Questions

• As many as Core Java and OOP Questions.
      Many Questions based on Polymorphism and Exceptions.
      Interface and Abstract Class Questions -- different scenarios.
      SQL Questions.
      Mostly all the topics are covered from core java. Threading was also included.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nuance (Burlington, MA).

Interview

Easy - Pretty basic interview: they asked me to tell them about myself, then described the role in more detail, then asked about what experience I had, and finished with me taking an excel test.

IT Business Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nuance (Burlington, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

Standard process, phone screen with HR, phone screen with hiring manager, then panel interview with hiring manager, in direct manager and another IT manager. The process went quickly. The only lag was between HR phone screen and hiring manager phone screen due to vacations. I had to follow up with HR to when the hiring manager returned to set up the 2nd phone screen. Otherwise, in person interview was a week later and offer came the same week.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about back ground, projects previously worked on, tell me about a time when... Also, tell me what you do for fun outside of work.   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nuance (Burlington, MA).

Interview

Whirlwind round of interviews at the Nuance head office with people from various departments. I also interviewed with the senior management. They had a lot of bright people working there that I met with during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nuance (Burlington, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job via LinkedIn.

1. Screen with recruiter over the phone
    2. Interview with the hiring manager over the phone
    3. Interview with the hiring manager's manager over the phone
    4. Interview with another sales consulting manager over the phone
    5. In person presentation and interview with hiring manager and his manager
    6. In person interview with VP of sales and phone interview account exec

All in all it was a straightforward process with (imho) just the right amount of people to get a good feel for the company and for them to get a good feel for me. I wouldn't consider their process any more or less rigorous than other interview processes I've completed.

For the presentation I was allowed to present whatever I wanted; similar to how Salesforce does it - with the exception that SF gives you a written case to work from (if you decide to demo SF software).

Interview Questions

• What's one time where you struggled working with your account executive, and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nuance (Burlington, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

Standard process - initial recruiter phone screen, followed by a team member phone screen, then in-person 3 person panel interview. Interview follow-up was abysmal...never b4 treated this disrespectfully. Was told by the recruiter I would hear something back on the Monday following the interview. It's now been three weeks and no information pro or con...I sent a couple of e-mails asking for a status, and also left a voice mail asking for a status.

Interview Questions

• Typical software and project experience questions. Interviewed by 3 leaders...with one observer. Interviewers can from three different functions, so question related to functions...specific project work, PMO type questions, client/business function questions.   Answer Question

Healthcare GRC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nuance (Burlington, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

I had two phone interviews, one with HR and one with the team's hiring manager and then an on-site interview with the manager, director, and CISO. The whole process took 1 week.

Interview Questions

• Steps I would take to perform an analysis of healthcare regulatory controls between two countries for compliance.   Answer Question

Corporate Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nuance (Burlington, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I submitted an application through the Nuance career portal. HR reached out very quickly (within a week). I had three interviews in total - two over the phone (one with HR Rep and one with the Corporate Marketing Director) and one in-person where I met Marketing Directors for all 4 divisions and got to know more about the company. The process was very timely, pleasant and professional.

Interview Questions

• Please explain why you are interested in Nuance and what you expect to get out of this internship.   Answer Question

MLS-Medical Transcriptionist/Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nuance (Burlington, MA).

Interview

It was online via phone by an external recruiting company. They ask questions relative to the detailed types of experiences with transcription, editing, software used, prior employment, education, work availability (days, shifts), software/hardware familiarity and needs, HIPAA familiarity and experience, etc. Transcription test, spelling/grammar, etc.

Interview Questions

• What type of experiences and background, shift preferences, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They state the production rate for the work and shifts available.

Senior Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nuance (Burlington, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

It was a great experience. We spoke for about 30 minutes on the phone then I was invited to go into the office to meet the team and interview in person.

Interview Questions

• What is the most significant experience you have had and how would it help you in your next position?   Answer Question