Nuance Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 8, 2017

2.6

63 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Speech Science Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nuance.

Interview

2 interviewers, half an hour each. Very chill and laid-back, they talked a lot, felt like a simple discussion. Discussion about the company, your interests and what the future holds

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions on past experiences and completed projects   Answer Question

NLU Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Interview

I received a phone interview for about 40 minutes. It was just about my resume and my experience with software development and research. It was pretty chill and the hiring manager was very patient, he took about 10 minutes to explain what their group is doing. I got the offer the next day, very efficient.

Interview Questions

• Promote yourself with your software development skills.   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nuance (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

First I had a phone interview with their Senior Technical Recruiter, it was a nice conversation about my background and my interests. Two days later another one with the developers manager.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nuance (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

- Very fast hiring process; decision came next day and hiring manager and employees were extremely prompt and respectful
    - Questions that were asked were very specific to the team I was being considered for
    - Confirmed with me if that is indeed what I wanted to pursue for a future job as they had other team openings too for interns

NLP Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nuance (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

I introduced myself. The interviewer introduced himself. Then I started to describe my ML related research and project experience. The interviewer occasionally asked me some questions related to my experience. After that, the interviewers started to ask ML annd NLP related questions. The answers he expected were general ones. No need to dig into details. After the Q&A, he introduced briefly his team, and asked me whether I have any questions for them. Finally, he asked me to take the next run of interview.

Interview Questions

• Suppose we are trying to build a text/topic classifier of Twitter. The classifier is trained offline. When we put it online, how to deal with unseen data?   1 Answer
    • Describe how to use HMMs to build such a classifier.   1 Answer
    • You have 1 million samples, how do you train a good ML model?   1 Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nuance.

Interview

I joined as a QA Engineer. The questions were very much related to testing. They asked me questions giving scenarios and asked me how will i test. Then there were few HR questions.

Interview Questions

• SQL, Javascript, Selenium, Protractor, NodeJs, Linux commands   1 Answer

Product Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nuance (Kitchener, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview never happened. I was contacted by a recruiter for the company to set up an interview. I responded to the recruiter and didn't hear back for a few days. I sent a few follow ups and received an apology for lack of response because of being busy. We set a meeting for a few days later and she never called.
    Definitely not worth your time.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked any questions because of the lack of professionalism displayed by their HR employee not meeting appointments.   Answer Question

NLP Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nuance (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

I interviewed for three rounds. First round is screening interview. They asked about basic NLP and machine learning questions. Second round is technical interview with more detailed questions on machine learning, scripting. The third round is technical challenge, with 48 hours for an NLP problem and 24 hours for two Java programming questions.

Interview Questions

• How to disambiguate a/the in a text.   1 Answer

Machine Learning/NLP Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nuance (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Postulated by a close friend in her team. 2 weeks later, got a 30 mins phone interview with the team lead. There supposed to have 2 other technical interviews. Overall people are nice, try to teach me, and always very polite.

Customer Relationship Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nuance in May 2017.

Interview

The recruiter was extremely unpleasant, conceited, and short. I had to ask twice to discuss the position details and twice was given a very generic, 2 liner responses. By the end of the interview, I still knew nothing about the job. I was trying to tell her as much as I could about myself to somehow make it through to the second round, but it seems like I was doomed from the beginning. It is frustrating even to get to the interview point with the recruiter and spend time to prepare just to be met with hostility. I was told that i would be contacted in a few days with some updates. It's been about a month. Needless to say, I am not holding my breath.