Nuance Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Nuance Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.5

UI/User Experience Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nuance.

Interview

After submitting my resume, got a quick reply the next week to book a phone call with the recruiter. Then she booked a pre-screen phone interview with the team manager. The call was really laid back, no pressure as he explained the position and its responsibilities.

Only negative point is that they never did a follow-up on their own, I had to do it myself to learn another candidate had been selected. No hard feelings for that decision, but disappointed in their process after such a good start.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nuance (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

The position was for the Software QA intern in manual testing. Was first contacted by the recruiter, 2 weeks after I applied online, who set up a half hour phone interview with a QA manager at NJ. The second "technical" phone interview was set up with 2 QA managers in NJ as well.
    The first round went well. The manager seemed interested and was quite pleased with my experience.
    The second round did not go well. I was, obviously, over qualified for the job. But the managers made no effort in asking questions and getting to know me or my background. Felt very confused by their behaviour.

Interview Questions

• Would you be OK with manual testing even though your background has been in Performance Testing? Are you sure you won't be bored? Why?   Answer Question

Test and Validation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nuance (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

The position was for the Test and Validation intern in Montreal. I was first contacted by human resources (very nice girl) and the week after I had an interview in person with 3 guys part of the team. (None of them were team leaders or managers). The interview lasted a little bit more than 1 hour, the interviewers were not prepared at all, the had all a copy of my resume and they started to ask random questions about my background and past job experiences. Sometimes they did not have any questions to ask and they started to improvise.

One of them mentioned that the questions were even more difficult for me than for the QA engineers (full time employees) , and when I asked them why, they laugh. I felt confused by their behavior and questions. I am really disappointed.

After 30 minutes question they presented themselves and I realized that none of them were the manager or at least the team leader.

In the end the asked me why I did apply for an intern position. They told me that I was going to receive an answer in 2 weeks which never came, after 4 weeks I sent an email to follow up and they answered that they will "move forward with another candidates".

Interview Questions

• - Whats the difference between a webService and an app?
      - What methodology are used in sixSigma?
      - What would you test in a calculator?
      - If you have a box with 2 inputs and 1 output what would you test?
      - Have you work with speech recognition before?
      - When should you automate?
      - if you go to a building with 2 eggs, how would you determine in which floor they will both break when throwing them?
      - It is better to have a database full of information to improve the speech recognition system? or the less information the better?
      - What are the challenges of being a team leader or coordinator. (I do not know why they asked this or how it was this relevant for an intern)

Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nuance (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

The HR hiring process went very well and I was satisfied with it. I felt that the questioning was properly adapted to the role applied for. The various calls and the meetings were held professionally. The distributed HR team is very accommodating.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Some flexibility...

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nuance in November 2016.

Interview

First had an interview on the phone with someone from HR. Had an on site interview the next week. The people were nice. Interviewed with a few people. Some skills questions and other questions like how you would handle a situation if there is a disagreement with a colleague.

Interview Questions

• How would handle a situation if there is a disagreement about a bug you fixed.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Nuance (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Avoid this company like plague. I've been working for more than ten years and have been to more than a dozen interviews. This is the WORST experience EVER and I really doubt there can be worse experience. Interview itself is very straight forward, simply tech questions but their HR process is BROKEN. Started with regular phone screening then in office interview, everything went well but no response in 2 weeks so you sent email politely asking for an update, didn't get a reply so you think it's over. Another week later all of sudden they ask you to come in again. After a second visit follows three weeks of complete silence so you think this is definitely over this time but in 2 weeks they reached out to you for an offer but only offered petty salary. You negotiated then Nuance HR and hiring manager went completely dark again but in three weeks they told you counter offer is finally approved the rest part is formal managerial approval. I checked here to learn their HR process is notoriously time consuming but didn't realize it can even go wrose. Finally 6 months after first phone call, and only because I called in again they finally told you the position is 'just' cancelled for this financial year but might come back next FY. Can you believe this? If you saw this and still decide to work for such a company - Don't say you are not warned.

Interview Questions

• What are the most difficult technical question you had in work?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Nuance.

Interview

kind of walk through the resume and ask lots tech questions about the programming language showed on the cv, talk about past projects. some question on algorithm and running time too. I interview there a couple time and the difficulty varies, but it's all tech questions and almost none on personality

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nuance (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

First HR phone screened, then got 3 interviews with 3 different teams at Nuance.

The first one entirely focused on the questions about programming languages theories and how each language is compiled and executed. Interviewers thought my answers are too general.

The second one is pretty chilled, the interviewer just asked some questions based on my resume and gave me a programming test to do. I did not finished as he had to go for a meeting.

The third interview starts with some behavioural questions focused on my past internship experience, and the technical part combines both writing algorithms on a white-broad and taking a programming quiz, all questions are not hard, and interviewers are pretty nice and patient since they let me finished my quiz with no rush.

Interview Questions

• 1. garbage collection comparison in java vs C and many follow-up questions.
      2. why C is better than other programming languages for os development work (ask me giving details explanation)
      3. the compilation, execution difference between C and Java
      4. why C needs pointer, how pointer works?
      5. my understanding on Java servlet and why Java servlet is highlighted in J2EE?
      6. stack, queue and recursive
      7. tic-tac-toe.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nuance (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewer was very nice and sat me down, describing their day to day activities and which project they're working on. After the introduction, they gave me a sheet of paper with technical questions to answer (mine was about linked lists). Very informative and explained the optimal solution that he was looking for after.

Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nuance (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Nuance is very rigorous in the interview process. The interviewers come prepared with a standard list of generic questions and specific technical questions. For technical position, tests on programming skills are often conducted. If the first interview goes well, a series of interviews with future colleagues are often organized to make sure the candidate will fit well in the work environment.

Interview Questions

• A few generic questions on the resume.
      Many specific questions on the technology used.
      Many specific questions on the programming languages e.g. JAVA, PL/SQL, Javascript, etc.