Nuance Interview Questions in Sunnyvale, CA | Glassdoor

2.8

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Principal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Nuance (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Contacted by internal recruiter while working for a telecom provider.
    Spoke with hiring manager on the phone for about an hour; real casual.
    Visited Sunnyvale offices and met with several individuals and teams - a total of 12 people.
    Negotiated the job offer, as per the description below.
    Received the formal offer 3 months later, once the CEO could be available to sign the offer (apparently "every" hire goes through Paul).

Interview Questions

• What is the quite possibly the most important aspect of the solutions delivery team relative to customer success.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was fairly straight forward; they pay in a grid system and the role has a fixed starting salary, which was good enough. But I was able to negotiate a fairly large signing bonus in cash and options.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nuance (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

First I had 2 phones interview, and then I was asked to come to the office for an interview. I was interviewed by 4 different managers. All the interviewers were very friendly, and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember being asked any difficult question, but one of the interviewer asked me if I play any musical instrument.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was satisfied with the offer, so there was not much negotiation from my part.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nuance (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Interview set up by recruiter, came for one half of a day and interviewed with four people. Interviews were not difficult and did not seem coordinated. Often asked the same questions by different interviewers. None of the questions went very deep into my experience or knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to off-hours, including late into the night and weekends?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered, I accepted.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nuance (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

The process requires to go through 3 telephonic interviews. First one was scheduled with hiring manager. Second one was scheduled with voice scientist and the third one with a senior software developer. I got acceptance in a week.