Nucor Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Nucor

1 Interview Review

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blytheville, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nucor (Blytheville, AR) in June 2010.

Interview

Got connected through university. Made arrangement over email, then visited plant to interview with department manager and two direct reports (sub-managers). Everyone was nice, professional. Interview was pretty casual, not specifically structured- didn't seem to be going by a pre-set list of questions. Asked about my work experience and ran through my resume. I'm pretty good at drawing relevant stories from all my past experience, and they seemed to be impressed.

Other class peers that I know well were also interviewed. I was concerned that it fell through, because it took about two weeks to hear back, but I got the first offer and accepted it.

Everyone in the place was really nice and positive, even just passing people in the hallway. I think the things that made me stand out were my age and work experience compared to my peers, and my blue-collar background. Although this was an office job, it's a very down to earth, "worker" respect culture.

Interview Questions

• The main questions involved a series of projects and ideas that no one had time to follow up on. They asked what I might be able to do with those ideas in the time given, and how I thought they would be important or help.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. This was for a set, arranged internship program. Housing was provided for the term and the pay was generous for a short-time internship.