Nucor Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nucor Design Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Nucor

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nucor (Fort Wayne, IN) in November 2015.

Interview

First had a standard phone interview with hr that lasted about 40min then was called to set up an email with the recruiter/design team leader. That interview was over an hour and a half answering standard interview questions and just having a dialogue. Then they had me drive to site which was reimbursed where had an all day interview that consisted of two panel interviews, a plant tour, lunch, and a technical test. Everyone on the team has to like you and you must pass an in site drug test To get an offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nucor

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Logan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nucor (Logan, UT) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied in December and my first interview was by phone before christmas, a second interview by phone followed a couple weeks after that, and then an all day interview in Brigham City followed that. The interviews by phone were pretty typical and the all day interview was definitely different then what I was used to. The interview started with a test of my engineering skills, a personality test, and then a basic math skills test. Then a panel interview with four engineers. After that there was a tour of their office and shop, lunch (paid for by Nucor), and then another interview in the afternoon with the engineering manager. By the end of the day I was pretty tired. I found it strange that another person that was interviewing for the same job as me was there for everything. It was just different then what I expected.

Interview Questions

• Which do you value more in your work: timeliness or being thorough?   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nucor.

Interview

I interviewed twice, one on campus and the other at the firm. I felt like the interview was average but i wae given a structural test which included stuff i had never seen during my undergrad. Also, one of the interviewers took me out to lunch and gave a tour of the facility which was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a teammate and what did you do about it.   2 Answers