Nucor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Nucor

3.2

Safety Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murray, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nucor (Murray, KY) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process was simple, had three interviewers and the questions was simple. I worked at Nucor as a safety interns. I really enjoyed the people and the safety cultureInterview process was simple, had three interviewers and the questions was simple. I worked at Nucor as a safety interns. I really enjoyed the people and the safety culture.

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nucor.

Interview

Phone Interview, skills/personality test, 2 face to face interviews. On each occasion, met with a panel (up to 4 people on each panel), final face to face met with plant manager after panel interviews, next step is a meeting with industrial psychologist. These interviews lasted about 4 hours. Everyone was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions, some situational. Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Received offer letter. Did not negotiate. Salary was acceptable.

IT Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Nucor.

Interview

Multiple interviews by phone and in person at multiple locations. The process is extremely long and can take months for some people. For IT positions you will interview with business users and non technical be prepared to be able to translate technical to business.

Interview Questions

• Very few technical cases, much more interested in personality.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation.

Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Long and slow. Must get positives from all that interview you. Any negatives and you are out. Must go through a personality profile to get supervisor and up positions that adds to the slow process. 1 hour from airport. Be prepared for multiple people asking the same questions in different manners at different panels. Don't overdress they are business casual. Overdressing does not impress them and if you get a plant tour if is quite dirty

Interview Questions

• What have you done to discipline a subordinate?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiating. You take waht they offer or they move on and it is usually low but not unfair.

Interview

I interviewed for a few different plants, for a total of 4 interviews. I was then offered a position after the 4th interview. The first interview was at my college, second was a dinner with an interview, third was a phone interview, and the last was a plant visit with an interview at the end.

Interview Questions

• If you were a tree, what type of tree would you be?   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nucor.

Interview

Initial Phone Interview. Couple of weeks later got an Onsite interview . Panel of 6-7 people interviewing one by one. Lasted almost 4 Hrs. Then another panel of 4-5 people asking behavioral questions. Followed by lunch and then Field tour interview.
    Total process time- 8 Hrs

Production Interview

Interview

It was lengthy, but smooth and easy. Everyone was friendly and helpful. To be hired you must pass a physical and drug test. Sometimes, you must apply several times before you are considered.

Interview Questions

• What is one way you made something at home or work safe that was not safe before?   Answer Question

Electrical Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Convent, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nucor (Convent, LA) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process contained a phone interview, a face to face interview, and a sit down evaluation completed by a psychologist. There was also a drug screen. The overall process took about a month.

Electrical Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Nucor (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

First interview was somewhat technical, although they seemed to be trying to get a feel for my personality. Then plant walk through, which was theoretically to give me an idea of working conditions but seemed more like a vetting process. Then technical interview, which was supposed to be a technical panel interview, but was cancelled several times. Company did not seem very well organized, although interviewers were polite.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were unexpected   1 Answer

Senior Computer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blytheville, AR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nucor (Blytheville, AR) in March 2009.

Interview

Nucor has group interviews which can be a bit intimidating. Depending on who is doing the interviews you can actually feel that you are under the lamps being questioned for crimes. Other times it can seem very relaxed. I actually had to sit through 3 group interviews to get my position, and the first two were far more formal then the last. The problem with having so many people in an interview is that some people interview others really well, while others don't. Be prepared for anything!

Interview Questions

• Actually nothing they asked me was out of the ordinary. They did ask me some weird questions about what if other employees asked me to slow down. Really I found out later that there is no right or wrong answer, but nothing you seem to give them will satisfy them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nucor will send you an offer letter. Take it or leave it. That it is. You don't negotiate with them one bit. So if you don't like what you have been offered you have little chance of getting anything better. I actually had to take a slight pay cut to work for them. That next June I received an increase which put me a bit over where I was before. But really I was a bit ticked when they have such a hard time finding people who do my line of work and can't negotiate one bit.