Nucor Metallurgist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nucor Metallurgist Interview Questions

Interviews at Nucor

3.5

Metallurgist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nucor.

Interview

Interview was scripted. Four to five rounds of similar questions posed by managers, sales representatives, and other plant personnel. Typical questions ranged from how the candidate feels about team environment, what their attitudes were concerning ethical behavior, and other generic strengths / weaknesses type.
I think I subconsciously sabotaged my own interview because I couldn't see myself living in the rural area where the mill was located. Also, my personality did not mesh well with other plant personnel. When thinking about working at Nucor one must find an opening at their Berkeley (Charleston, SC) mill or accept that the job will be located in a remote area -- meaning you either commute a good distance from a mid-sized town or you live in a very small town.

Interview Questions

• "When was the last time that stands out when someone asked you to do something you knew was wrong and how did you respond?"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nucor

Metallurgist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nucor in August 2016.

Interview

2 Panel interviews, 3 people in each interview. Panels consisted of engineers and managers.
    Interview questions consisted of about ten or so behavioral (STAR) questions. Technical questions regarding your work history are sprinkled in as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you made a mistake at work, and how did you correct it?   Answer Question