Nucor Shift Electrician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Nucor

3.5

Shift Electrician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nucor (Tuscaloosa, AL) in August 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview. Loose and relaxed, but very technical. They poked fun at a math error I made (but caught myself), but never berated me. Questioning included resistance, ac motor operation, motor controller operation and troubleshooting, power factor, current transformers, pros/cons of 4/20mA vs +/- 10v, SCRs, PIDs, converting between numbering systems (binary and hex to decimal), what is ethernet, 3 and 4 phase bridge rectifiers and expected waveforms. Variable frequency controller operation Flying me out for an in-person panel interview soon.

Interview Questions

• Calculate series and parallel resistances   1 Answer
  • Describe the operation of a squirrel cage induction motor. Describe slip. Calculate the synchronous speed of a 6 pole 60hz AC motor.   1 Answer
  • What is an SCR, how do they operate?   1 Answer
  • What is a P.I.D.?   1 Answer
  • What is a current transformer, and how do they work?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Nucor

Shift Electrician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nucor (Columbus, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

phone interview, then onsite interview.
    Literally showed and sat around for a couple of hours waiting for the HR personnel to issue me an exam. Then went and got a "tour" and sat around "BSing" with the different shops. Everyone was extremely inviting and great to talk with. I left the interview/ onsite tour feeling great and had a good time with everyone and displayed my enthusiasm and interest in the company. The people i spoke with said i would do great and will have no issues with the position. Then I received the call that i wont be a "good fit" with no feedback on why that was there conclusion.

Interview Questions

• no difficult questions were asked?   1 Answer