Nulogy Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nulogy Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Nulogy

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nulogy (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

Super slow. And unresponsive.
So slow that I ended up taking a role with Facebook in the process of this application because Facebook was way more organised in scheduling interviews and was actually looking for an engineer and no a comments formatter.

First call was great and was handled by an actual engineer. It was helpful to jump right to the tech talk.

Assignment was super easy, however it was rejected due to flood of personal and styling preferences of the reviewers.

I even got a comment about using `class << self` questioning what it does and wether it's needed at all in a module. Yes it could be `extend Namespace` or it could be a `class` even. Point is it's a personal or a style matter. Candidates have no idea about your internal style-guides.

Statement about the use of blocks just killed the last bits of my interest in this company. Assignment review speaks for the level of knowledge and type of environment.

Funny, some failed to even bring the environment without dependencies locally. Literally all you need is: irb and a bash.

I am glad the interview process is over with just an assignment and I haven't wasted more of my time.

Good luck with your business guys.

Interview Questions

• What do you do at your current job?
    What's your weak points?
    What's your strong points?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nulogy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nulogy (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

I was fortunate to have an in-person session with the interviewer and we learned a lot about each other. He was kind enough to offer advice on helping me stand out as a job candidate, which I'm taking and implementing into my career. Furthermore, we got to share common perspectives on what makes a great engineering culture and I'm ready to move on to a career that supports that.

Finally, the interviewer was thoughtful when he asked me questions about my career aspirations, and offered me pointers on how to improve my chances. I cannot thank him enough!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nulogy (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

It started off really good. I had a skype interview which went great and the interviewer couldn't be more friendly. He proceeded me to next round which was a take home assignment. My experience up till here was nothing but great. I finished it in a day and sent it, the person told me he will get back to me 2 days later but he never got back to me. I even sent a follow up email twice, but he never replied.

Interview Questions

• Skye interview was more of a personality check and take home assignment was really easy.   Answer Question

Nulogy Response

Sep 9, 2016 – CTO

Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. We're sorry that your interview experience ended on a bad note. We aim to be very respectful of the time applicants invest in applying to Nulogy... More