Nutanix Technical Support Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nutanix Technical Support Interview Questions

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nutanix (Vellore (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Written test on LINUX, OS, DBMS, CN. After that there are two 1-to-1 interviews. They are only checking speaking skills. If you are a girl you have almost 90% to get selected.

Interview Questions

Nutanix Response

Aug 31, 2016 – Director, Global Talent Acquisition

We appreciate you taking the time to reflect on your interview experience. Diversity and inclusion are crucial elements of our organization, here at Nutanix. Our interview teams attend training, in ... More

Other Interview Reviews for Nutanix

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)

Application

Interview

There were four rounds after the written round, all being elimination rounds.ECE,CSE and IT were allowed to sit.I belong to ECE.It came to offer Internships with a pay of 40k/month.
    Written round had most of the questions on Linux commands--if u are familiar with Linux commands..that'll help.
    Other questions were from OS,Networking,DBMS.

Interview Questions

• 1st round started with questions like
      tell me about yourself that is not mentioned in the resume.
      your projects,
      are you comfortable with python( I had mentioned it in my resume), -
      Told me a bit about the job profile
      Said that they prefer python programming (said C is of no use to them.... o_0 )
      That was it for the 1st round.
      Answer Question
    • 2nd round was pretty short...He asked questions on electronics and electrical fundamentals.
      Asked me about my projects...I had done some Game development on python..
      Asked why would like to join Nutanix
      What is the definition of Party for you...
      He just tried checking what kind of person you are and do you communicate...this profile being the one where you not only have to address technical issues of the customers but also talk to them on phone( Although they continuously stressed that it is not a call centre kind of job ).
      That was it for round 2.
      Answer Question
    • 3rd round was a kind of stress interview.... asked questions from my resume...( make sure that u are able to explain everything that you've mentioned in your resume.) Asked me to pick up a duster, treat it like a phone for a situation that he gave me-----Suppose you have a really important personal work and you cannot address one of your customers technical issues on that day...how would you talk..
      Asked a few more these kind of questions...and then started asking questions on Networking...Asked why I want to be part of Nutanix....
      ending with--- Do you have any questions for me..
      Answer Question
    • 4th round: This was a round with the Sr.manager.
      He asked me to talk for next 20-25 minutes...and ask him as many questions as I want.
      Then he asked me my favourite three subjects...I said digital elec, Networking......asked me a lot of questions on networking...and finally tried to push me to go for a networking company instead, saying that they have only 5% of issues that are based on networking and you would be a better fit for total network based company...Here I was getting a feel already that it was kind of inevitable to escape from this situation ....he was doing much of the talking and not letting me speak much..

Overall it was a nice experience until the last interview round...As clear his intensions seemed already in the last interview---->I was not selected.

Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nutanix in April 2012.

Interview

I got an interview today with them and I have to say that I didn't make it.
    It wasn't anything big why I didn't make it, but it's just not the perfect fit.

It looks like the people here are looking for fresh college students and not people who are experienced in support with soft skills and good strong troubleshooting skills.

Most of the questions I got were really nitty gritty questions (ie OSI layer related)
    The guy came off the bat with -- what's the OSI layer, I felt like I was in a college exam again. They aren't really interested in troubleshooting skills or skill sets that offer value.

Not to say that his question wasn't valid, but it was a bit elementary to test your skills. A better question to test your skills would have been: "If issue A happened, how will you go about fixing issue A?"

You can look up the OSI model in 5 minutes and answer his question, but honestly understanding the OSI model is elementary, and I have to say I didn't answer it because the question truly caught me off guard.

He went on to ask some really low level basic questions that everyone should know, but wouldn't immediately answer correctly. It won't really matter if you knew what VM files are or the extension, since that would be learned through experience as well as just repetitiveness of using VM. (btw, VMX would be VM files).

I Just want to put forward that the interviewer was really nice, but questions were all wrong and those questions would probably eventually just bring in some new college student. If you were looking for that -- no problem. But someone experienced in support won't know that off the top of their heads unless they are already working on it constantly, and in the support world it won't make sense to just look at the OSI layer all day.

Questions should test cognitive skills, not just simple answer questions.

As a technical support role, unless you like call centers, this is what I believe will be the path of development for Nutanix.

Not knocking them, if that's the idea they are going for -- great. but I doubt the stress will be worth the pay. Glad I did fail this one, since their questions fitted more of a college grad than an experienced engineer.

Interview Questions

• In the TCP/IP stack what are the 5 OSI layers involved? (paraphrasing)   1 Answer
    • when turning on a computer and going to a browser and typing in an address, what happens (according to the osi layer)? (paraphrasing)   1 Answer