Nutrisystem Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nutrisystem Interview Questions

Updated May 4, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nutrisystem (Fort Washington, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process went smoothly, there is a preliminary phone interview then they may schedule an interview with you from there. The interview was long and you make a mock phone call to a customer.

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest strengths and how can they be applied to this position?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nutrisystem in July 2015.

Interview

Someone in their HR department reached out to me and asked if I'd like to apply for the position. I was recently laid off so I took the interview. I had a phone screen with HR. I had a personality test which I was told I scored really high on. Then I was brought in for a 1:1 interview. I met with someone from HR and the Hiring Manager. I followed up shortly up after and was told I would be given feedback on a few days. I followed up again, and never heard back. I'm fine not getting a job, being unemployed is very stressful. It's difficult not hearing back. I only knew I didn't get the job when I saw it re-posted. After an in person interview, I think an email is appropriate saying we went with someone else. I believe a company treats its customers and prospective employees the same way

Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nutrisystem (Fort Washington, PA) in September 2009.

Interview

I was given a phone interview with the human resource representative. Online testing was done at home where I logged into a site that tested my proficiency on MS Office products. The tests offered a tutorial that went over all the necessary skills needed to pass the test. The personality test consisted of multiple choice and true and false questions. Those covered issues relating to customer service and adherence to company policy. For example, "The customer is always right. T/F" and "If a manager asks you to do something that is against company policy will you: a) Do it, b) Report them, c) Tell them you will do it and then not do it.
    I also had a 1:1 interview with the human resource representative and one with the department head. Both were very conversational and there was no pressure to give the "right" answer. They genuinely wanted to find people who were motivated to do the job and who wanted to stay there. The company invested a lot of time in training and coaching, so they wanted people who intended to stay with the job.

Interview Questions

• Was asked if I would find the transition from a computer tech background to counseling too difficult. It was a fair question and I answered as honestly as I could. The HR rep just wanted to know if I would get bored and want to leave, or find the position challenging enough.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I knew the hourly rate at the outset, and they were firm on that. However, I was able to negotiate a 2nd shift schedule that allowed me to make a $1 more an hour. I was also able to negotiate my shift hours as well as my days off.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nutrisystem (Fort Washington, PA) in December 2012.

Interview

It was a job fair type setting. They had an open call for those seeking employment to come and present their resume. We all applied for the same job initially, custom we service. But they pulled out those with college degrees to then interview for counselor. They asked standard questions, with weird questions thrown in, to gauge personality, I guess.

Interview Questions

• How do you got an elephant into a fridge?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nutrisystem.

Interview

The interview process was rather typical. Phone screen first, then face to face. I liked that I only had to come once to interview with all interviewers instead of having to come on multiple days.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not difficult   1 Answer

Nutrisystem Response

May 23, 2016 – HR Director

Thanks for the feedback and best wishes for continued success in your new role!

Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nutrisystem (Fort Washington, PA).

Interview

Great interview process, with a timely response. The interview was broken into different stages with different departments. Very friendly and warm environment even was asked if I wanted something to drink while waiting. Each interviewer was kind, attentive, and genuine. Just be yourself, know they are looking for professionalism but don't be afraid to show your personality.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to deal with an escalated situation.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nutrisystem (Reading, PA) in May 2011.

Interview

They bring you in and they prefer that you lead the conversation telling them your qualifications and specific ways you can help the company. They will ask you specific questions about your resume and your past work experience.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with what we do and experience in the industry   1 Answer

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nutrisystem (Fort Washington, PA) in June 2012.

Interview

After two interviews I was brought on as a contractor. The interviewer was prepared and very clear about the job requirements. I'm more than qualified to do the job, when I asked about different responsibilities, I was assured that there were no chances of moving to a different team.

Interview Questions

• The interview was more about me giving a presentation than answering questions. I think because of the small team I was entering, the real test was wether or not my personality was the right fit. In the end I was chosen for a full time position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fairly straight forward, I proposed an number and was given a fair deal.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nutrisystem (Fort Washington, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

Being an out of state applicant, I was a little bit different. I had a phone call with an HR representative, who was very kind and flexible with your schedule. Then, I had two separate interviews via Skype: a group interview and an individual interview with a leader of the team. I was offered the job about a week later! However, most people interview on site.

Interview Questions

• There were many questions about my previous experience, given a scenario, and asked to find a solution.   1 Answer

Retention Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Washington, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nutrisystem (Fort Washington, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

The process for interviewing, including the questions were easy. However, they employ age discrimination. If you are over 40 years or older don't bother interviewing. They were very positive and polite while I was there, but never offered me the position. Been there done this too many times before at various youth-oriented only companies. They never even e-mailed me to tell me I didn't get the job, which I thought was indicative of their true nature. I took the time to write thank you letters for the interviews,so they can send me an e-mail letting me know my status. Rate is only $12/hr plus commissions which I thought was reasonable. The staff and people seemed pleasant, so I can only assume (since my qualifications, background and interviewing skills are impeccable) that if you are under 40 give it a shot. However, I had a less than stellar opinion of them. Interviewed on January 26th, 2017.

Interview Questions

Nutrisystem Response

Feb 14, 2017 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback on your interview experience with Nutrisystem. We do appreciate you taking the time to apply and participate in our interview experience. We want to stress that... More