Nutrisystem Weight Loss Counselor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nutrisystem Weight Loss Counselor Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2017

3.5

Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nutrisystem (Fort Washington, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process went smoothly, there is a preliminary phone interview then they may schedule an interview with you from there. The interview was long and you make a mock phone call to a customer.

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest strengths and how can they be applied to this position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nutrisystem

Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nutrisystem (Fort Washington, PA).

Interview

Great interview process, with a timely response. The interview was broken into different stages with different departments. Very friendly and warm environment even was asked if I wanted something to drink while waiting. Each interviewer was kind, attentive, and genuine. Just be yourself, know they are looking for professionalism but don't be afraid to show your personality.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to deal with an escalated situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nutrisystem (Fort Washington, PA) in December 2012.

Interview

It was a job fair type setting. They had an open call for those seeking employment to come and present their resume. We all applied for the same job initially, custom we service. But they pulled out those with college degrees to then interview for counselor. They asked standard questions, with weird questions thrown in, to gauge personality, I guess.

Interview Questions

• How do you got an elephant into a fridge?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nutrisystem (Fort Washington, PA) in September 2009.

Interview

I was given a phone interview with the human resource representative. Online testing was done at home where I logged into a site that tested my proficiency on MS Office products. The tests offered a tutorial that went over all the necessary skills needed to pass the test. The personality test consisted of multiple choice and true and false questions. Those covered issues relating to customer service and adherence to company policy. For example, "The customer is always right. T/F" and "If a manager asks you to do something that is against company policy will you: a) Do it, b) Report them, c) Tell them you will do it and then not do it.
    I also had a 1:1 interview with the human resource representative and one with the department head. Both were very conversational and there was no pressure to give the "right" answer. They genuinely wanted to find people who were motivated to do the job and who wanted to stay there. The company invested a lot of time in training and coaching, so they wanted people who intended to stay with the job.

Interview Questions

• Was asked if I would find the transition from a computer tech background to counseling too difficult. It was a fair question and I answered as honestly as I could. The HR rep just wanted to know if I would get bored and want to leave, or find the position challenging enough.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I knew the hourly rate at the outset, and they were firm on that. However, I was able to negotiate a 2nd shift schedule that allowed me to make a $1 more an hour. I was also able to negotiate my shift hours as well as my days off.