Nuveen Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 9, 2017

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Compensation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Nuveen (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

This was a second interview, after a more technically focused phone interview with the head of the department. I met with three employees, one at a time, in a conference room. The talk was mainly a description of the position and general questions about my background.

Derivatives Administration Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nuveen (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Submitted an application through the website. I was a ringer for based on my previous employment history. Received a followup via email to schedule a phone interview within a week. Phone interview was behavioral/fit. Went will until interviewer disliked my explanation of why I left a position for another after short period. Advice: Be prepared for gaps or issues regarding your employment history. It probably will be brought up.

Interview Questions

• Why would did you leave a full time position for another job?   Answer Question

SEO Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nuveen (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a bit lengthy but everyone seemed nice. Obviously it is an extremely corporate work environment, so have that in mind. Other than that I would say it was a neutral experience.

Funds Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nuveen (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Quick process for entry level position. Asked informative questions and requested accurate descriptions of previous roles and employment. I interviewed with HR personnel and then had a panel of two managers interview me personally.

Interview Questions

• Questions on past experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered and I accepted. Too early in my career to negotiate.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nuveen (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Pretty good experience and standard for intern interviews. Asked about my background and extracurricular experience in college during the phone screen then during the second round, talked with future supervisor to make sure I would be comfortable of performing the job.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Nuveen (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I was asked to summarize the position and why I thought I would be a good fit. Questions about my current project and my roles in them. I was asked to explain the product I am working on.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nuveen (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

I just came into the office and met with a variety of people. Very casual, but sometimes formal. It is important to read how the interviewer wants to be in terms of formality. Come prepared with research done as well as answers to why you want to work at Nuveen. Mostly was behavioral for my department (sales).

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nuveen (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

Series of phone interviews. First with HR, after that with the person who would be my immediate supervisor and lastly with his supervisor. The interview had some technical questions, but it was mostly a behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Please describe to me what this company does, in a way that someone with no knowledge of the industry would understand.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nuveen (Chicago, IL) in September 2008.

Interview

Nuveen's interview process was wonderful. Very nice, professional people. They get back to you quickly and make you feel like you would be a very valuable asset to their company. I had two in-office interviews. I had an offer by the end of day of the second interview.

Interview Questions

The job was not what I was looking for at the time. It was a hard decision because I was so impressed by the company itself, I almost took the job just based on the people I met.