O.C. Tanner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

O.C. Tanner Interview Questions

Interviews at O.C. Tanner

2.8

Senior Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at O.C. Tanner in August 2017.

Interview

Interview was pretty basic. It seemed that the interviewer was going through the motions a little bit. I found out later that they hired someone that was friend or family of the hiring manager. I think I was interviewed so they could say they interviewed a certain number of people.

Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at O.C. Tanner (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2013.

Interview

The interviewers were very friendly, cordial, professional and prompted great questions. They made me feel very comfortable in the environment and I could feel the family like feeling around. Everyone greeted me with a smile and I was very happy to be there.

Interview Questions

• What is the project you are most proud of professionally or personally?   1 Answer

Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at O.C. Tanner (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2017.

Interview

Briefs phone interview with an oc tanner recruiter then went in for a face to face interview with 2 of the Supervisors that would have been over my department. The interview was comfortable and the two people I spoke to were very nice and made me feel at ease.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest strength and weakness.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at O.C. Tanner (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2011.

Interview

It was a circus for a mid-level position. I think I interviewed three times with at least three different people each time. I couldn't believe how many people I had to talk to for a job that paid less than $50,000 a year. It was not only intimidating, but ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• What's your greatest strength?
      What's your greatest weakness?
      How do you do with difficult personalities?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at O.C. Tanner in August 2011.

Interview

Initial phone screen & then in-person with OCT recruiter. Two additional interviews with hiring department. O.C. Tanner employees are amazing ambassadors for the company. I was SOLD after the initial phone screen!

Interview Questions

• If you could have dinner with any person, living or dead, who would it be & why.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at O.C. Tanner.

Interview

Interview process through recruiter. First interview, asked a lot of questions about my previous experiences and about myself. Got into the flow of talking back and forth. It was about an hour long.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself; what makes you want to work here?   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at O.C. Tanner (Chicago, IL).

Interview

3 week process, speaking to recruiter and hiring managers and finally the person I would be working with directly. I kept going back and forth with the recruiter who would then speak with the company person and then back to me. It was confusing and tiring. Once the interview was over I would have to call the recruiter. Interviews went well but the final lady I interviewed with was not personable and didnt seem interested in our interview. I did have to have the recruiter schedule me last as I had conflicting meetings with my current job. She said she was understanding but I could tell this bothered her that I couldnt drop my current job to come to an interview.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions- describe a good manager and a bad manager   1 Answer

Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at O.C. Tanner (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2017.

Interview

I started out with a phone interview, then I had a live interview with the manager of information security, after the live interview I was offered a job and accepted it. Then a couple days later I was asked to come into another live interview to meet the information security team and asked more questions. After this interview the only thing that was on my mind was whether or not the information security manager was all the way there mentally. Why would you offer somebody a job and then ask them to come in for another interview? It just didn't make sense to me. It was as if a mentally ill clown was trying to hire me.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

The hiring process started well when a Director contacted me via email and scheduled a lunch interview. A couple architects and directors showed up for the initial meeting and asked general non-programming questions. Later, I was called in for an on-site interview where I was supposed to meet with the members of the prospective team. No one seemed to have received any training on conducting an interview. I was asked to pair program with one guy to write the game, Bingo. I have nothing against TDD, but I think it is a total waste of time if you write a test to test whether a constructor works as expected. Another guy brought his laptop and asked me to find out flaws in his code. After I did provide a few suggestions, this guy seemed a little pissed. The final straw was sitting in the cubicle with a QA. He showed me some ruby code for automation which had some basic flaws such as file name of the config file being hard coded in the project. Each QA has to change it to suit their personal dev machines. I suggested them change that to a convention. After a few hours of weirdness the director showed me around and started negotiating the salary. Maybe it's me, but it's hard to trust a manager who asks to accept less salary in lieu of a larger bonus. His spiel about importance of 100% code coverage & TDD nazism left a bad taste and showed how the company blindly followed advice of some consultant.

After this weird experience, I was unsure what to expect. Although I was able to answer programming questions, such as SQL join, I did not know how to feel. I waited for them to get back to me. Few days, weeks, months.. No one ever contacted or responded to my emails.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at O.C. Tanner (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2017.

Interview

I got a face to face interview over a lunch. It was very relaxed and not technical at all. Just a good chat to see how you fit with the team