O.C. Tanner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

O.C. Tanner Interview Questions

Interviews at O.C. Tanner

2.8

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at O.C. Tanner in March 2018.

Interview

Contacted by Principal Data Scientist directly. A strange scathing behavior and tone while questioning. I wouldn't work for such a person who doesn't even know how to properly evaluate a candidate. I wanted to withdraw my application after the phone call but their website didn't have the option to do so.

Interview Questions

• A typical question like tell me about yourself   1 Answer

Process Owner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at O.C. Tanner (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2018.

Interview

Friendly people, asked great questions. really looked for a culture fit above all else. Checked to see how well i could problem solve and communication skills. Also asked about my strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your back ground   1 Answer

Senior Ruby Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at O.C. Tanner (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2012.

Interview

Application Process:

I found O.C. Tanner through a post on Craigslist and applied online.

The online application was absolutely the worst part of the process--almost unbearable.
    It wasn't even clear whether or not my applicate was completed when I got to the end. After that I heard nothing for more than two weeks.

By the time some one called me I had forgotten that I even applied. I had already finished numerous interviews at other companies and had three offers.

First Contact

One of the team leads eventually called and I told him I wasn't interested. He persisted and by his excitement and enthusiasm convinced to meet for coffee. I really don't think I've ever heard any one so excited about where they worked or what they were doing.

We met for coffee and I really liked what he had to say so I decide to come in for an interview.

Onsite Interview 1

After arriving on site I had to register with security, get a badge and wait. After the team lead picked me up we went to his office had a brief talk. Then I showed some code I had written and we discussed it. After that we did some pair programming together, on an actual project he was working on.

Following the pairing session two other team leads joined us and the three leads asked me various questions about work history, the kinds of projects I had worked on, my technical knowledge, and whether or not I play nice with others.

Onsite Interview 2

The following day the first lead called and asked me to come in for a second interview.

First I met one-on-one with another team lead that was not in the earlier interview. We had a get to know you chat and then discussed some of the projects I had worked on and what O.C. Tanner was like.

Next, I had another one-on-one with yet another team lead that I hadn't already met. We discussed software architecture, and security.

Finally, I met with the CTO, and another lead from the first interview and talked all about software, people skills, and project management. The CTO also asked a logical puzzel that he coached me through as I struggled on the white board. At the end we discussed compensation.

Overall it was a good experience and I'm happy to be at the company.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to write on the whiteboard a REST API including the HTTP methods, part of which I got wrong.   Answer Question
    • I was given a logical puzzel about having a certain number of identical stones, all but one weighing the same, and asked the least number of weighings necessary to find the unequal stone.   Answer Question

Negotiation

We negotiated in person during the last interview and then briefly over the phone.

Ring Department Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at O.C. Tanner.

Interview

The company now hires through SOS temps. Then you are on a trial period to make sure you can do the job.

Interview Questions

• They want to make sure your a team player, get along well with others   Answer Question

Digital Plumber Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at O.C. Tanner (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2015.

Interview

As with many tech interviews, it started on the phone with a recruiting company screening call, followed by an in-person interview with four members of the team and a manager.

Interview Questions

• Personality compatibility and cultural fit were more important than technical skill once it was established that I could hold my own in a technical conversation.   1 Answer

O C Tanner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at O.C. Tanner in May 2015.

Interview

Easy, standard types of interviews. Two interviews. One over the phone, one in person. Not too stressful. Management asked the typical "tell me about yourself" and "tell me about your experience," "Why do you want to work here?" Received offer over e-mail.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at O.C. Tanner (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2014.

Interview

Job was referred to me by a friend. Emailed her contact who asked me to fill out the online application and set up appointment to meet. Two days later, interviewed with immediate manager and group director. Came back the next day to meet with the larger management team. Was offered the job two days later. Had the job within a week of applying. They had been looking for a while so this may have been an anomaly.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work at O.C. Tanner   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were very willing to negotiate.

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at O.C. Tanner (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a very thorough interview process.. First interview was in a room of about 5-7 guys and they asked about my experience, and various mock situations and how I would handle them. .. Second interview was with about 7-10 guys, some new faces from the first interview, Similar type questions. Then they had me put air hoses together on a mock pneumatic system the had on a board,, after that they had me wire up a plc switch according to a wiring diagram... 3rd interview was with about 7-10 mostly higher managers and executives that asked me about myself and how I would handle certain situations... Then they gave me a tour through the facilities and said thanks for my time and that they would be in contact. Gave me a call next day and told me to keep an eye on my email because they would be sending me a job offer.

Interview Questions

• If you had two customers in an emergency who needed work done and you knew you could not accomplish both in the time they wanted,, how would you handle the situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No real negotiation, just an offer to accept or decline.

Proofreader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at O.C. Tanner (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Was asked to come in for an interview. Arrived and was given a skills test. Once completed and graded was asked to stay to interview. Interviewed with HR and manager. Called one week later and offered job.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at O.C. Tanner (Hyderabad (India)) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied for the position through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. It was technical round. Overall Interview was pretty Good. Had a great experience talking to interviewer As I was getting to know more in-depth about the technology. Logical questions were asked and also asked few questions on why to use some technology over other.