O.C. Tanner Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at O.C. Tanner

2.5

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at O.C. Tanner (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Interview process was pretty easy. There was a healthy mix of culture-fit and technology questions, and nothing too complex was asked. Was asked to solve 3 questions with code on the IDE of your choice. Interviewers were friendly and helpful. They gave a tour of the building and demo'd some of the hardware machines they use, which (I believe) ends up utilizing the software the teams write, directly or indirectly.

Interview Questions

• They gave a domain model for a type of request and I was asked to implemented that request model in a pojo. Once that was done, they changed the model in a minor way, and wanted to see how I would go about modifying the code- what decisions I'd make, etc. Also asked a few questions about the cost/benefits to having multiple constructors.   1 Answer

Even though every person I spoke with was very friendly, upon asking many questions during the interview process, I came to find that their technology stack was quite limited compared to things I had worked on in the past. I personally felt like this would be taking a step backwards in terms of my career.

Other Interview Reviews for O.C. Tanner

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at O.C. Tanner (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2016.

Interview

There was a phone interview, followed by an in person interview where I paired with the other candidate. We worked on refactoring some java code, and then we talked with the manager and other team members about how we felt we did and how the other person did.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to rate how I did, and how the other candidate did.   Answer Question